Thread: GP 100 grips

GP 100 grips

I got these Altamont wood grips to try. They are a bit narrow for me. Fit is good and tight, looks a little Janky behind the trigger but no issues.

If anyone wants to give these a go, hit me with a PM and I will send them your way.

Claimed.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I have yet to find any GP100 grips that really make me smile.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post

When Rooster Cogburn yells out "fill yer hands you SOB" my mind immediately goes "yep, the full-size Letts do that very well." I picked up the wood grips up to try and copy what I've done with my S&Ws but the Letts are about as perfect as I can fine for the Rugers, even the ones on the SP101 are more than good. I wish there was a Lett solution for the Smiths.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    The Compact grips are my favorite, but I have a medium size hands.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    The full size Letts are what’s on my .44spl. I tried the compacts, but their size made the gun feel “whippy” and top heavy to me. The original Hogues aren’t too bad either, but I generally dislike finger grooves too. My SP101 has Pach boot grips on it. The factory grips aren’t terrible on that, but the Pachs fill my hand a bit better without giving up much for concealability. I can’t imagine solid wood or G10 type grips are very nice to shoot with a 250gr and 7.5gr of Unique.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I've found that the best for recoil absorption when shooting 50+ rounds of full-house 158 gr .357 magnum are Hogue Tamers;

The best for ergonomics (but painful after some 40+ rounds of full-house .357 magnums are VZ's Twisters or 320 in G10:

The 320s in Black Cherry are on the GP, the Twisters in Black are underneath.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

My decision for the time being is to run with the VZ G10s for EDC; I'm experimenting with "medium strength" 158 gr .357 magnums (around 1000 fps) for IDPA and training, as 1100+ fps gets uncomfortable at the 40+ round mark. The ergonomics and carrability/concealability of the VZ grips is excellent.

The Hogue Tamers will likely be utilized for anticipated higher roundcount situations, such as training classes or higher roundcount matches.

Currently I'm running the Black Cherry VZ 320s, which have a fabric-like smoother finish, but suspect I'll eventually return to the Black Twisters, which have incorporated gripping groovers and a rougher texture. (The Black Cherry 320s do make for a stunning barbecue gun appearance with the polished custom bluing of my gun though.....)

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Take a look at the Hogue 80010. I prefer it to the full sized Lett. They still can soak up recoil but aren’t overly thick like the Tamer that comes on the Alaskan.

http://instagram.com/p/C1hcVc1LhO1/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Jon, don't the VZ G10's have a longer trigger reach than the factory Lett full or compact grips. It looks like there is more grip material where the top part of the grip connects to the top part of the revolver frame. I am interested in these grips but for possible increased trigger reach. Thanks.

User Tag List