Thread: New battery day!

New battery day!

It’s my NYD routine. I went thru all my guns with red dots this morning and changed batteries.

Pro tip, don’t unscrew the little battery on the HS battery compartment over shag carpet. Wasted 5-10 mins or so on my hands and knees with a flashlight until I found it. But I also found all kinds of other neat stuff while down there including a spring for what I think is a CZ Shadow extractor.

After lunch I’ll replace all the springs in my main comp pistol and give it a deep cleaning. I think the backup gun can go another year since I didn’t shoot it very much last year.

I also replaced all batteries in the smoke detectors…

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    It’s my NYD routine. I went thru all my guns with red dots this morning and changed batteries.

Pro tip, don’t unscrew the little battery on the HS battery compartment over shag carpet. Wasted 5-10 mins or so on my hands and knees with a flashlight until I found it. But I also found all kinds of other neat stuff while down there including a spring for what I think is a CZ Shadow extractor.

After lunch I’ll replace all the springs in my main comp pistol and give it a deep cleaning. I think the backup gun can go another year since I didn’t shoot it very much last year.

This is a good idea

Site Supporter
    Just finished doing the same. Changed the batteries in my carry and range P365XLs (Holosun 507k's run circle only). Had gone two years on the range guns to see if the battery would go that far (they did), but not going to push it for three years. Fresh Duracells are fairly inexpensive so I'll probably just do them all yearly going forward. Rifle red dots got switched out a month ago (hand was forced; one dead battery so they all got swapped), and so next year they'll all be on a 1/1 schedule. Feels good to start the year fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post

Name:  9C3B6753-98DD-4E67-A606-3797F9AF8921.jpeg
Views: 83
Size:  55.2 KB
    Custer wore the 1st "Arrow shirt".
    Given the size & power of “Ivan”, we must now … and ever be Vigilant.

User Tag List