Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: EDC Light Carry

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Need purchase link for these pants.
    Vertx pants have similar pockets and are about half the price. The sizing can be inconsistent, though. I picked up two pair of the Delta Stretch LT a few weeks ago. I like them so far. They also have a small thigh pocket. The leather on the seem of the pocket isn't as obnoxious as it looks in the picture.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Vertx pants have similar pockets and are about half the price. The sizing can be inconsistent, though. I picked up two pair of the Delta Stretch LT a few weeks ago. I like them so far. They also have a small thigh pocket. The leather on the seem of the pocket isn't as obnoxious as it looks in the picture.
    I like those a lot. They are my favorite EDC pant.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The clip on this Olight is actually pretty impressive. I was worried at first because the attachment looked spindly, but it orients the light in one direction, drops nice and deep, is usable both ways if need be, and splits off safely under major load. I have been carrying daily at home for months now with no issues.

When out and about I carry a light correctly, in a holster right behind my extra mag [emoji16]

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I prefer belt carry when possible, but I keep the light in front of my spare magazines. This way, I can reach for the light with less danger of exposing the spare magazines. Additionally, when I reach for the phone in front of the light, I might expose the light, but not the spare magazines.

My current light pouch is this one, which I asked the maker to modify so that the bottom of the pouch is even with the bottom of the Tek Lock.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2575581...search_click=1

Below is the light on my belt, worn under a sweater vest.

Name:  IMG_1506 1.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  46.4 KB
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Belt carry has its advantages!

I've been carrying my fight light (or some slight variation of it) in this HBC non-stop for over six months. It remains on my belt at all times, and only comes off when I have to transfer the belt to another pair of pants;

Based on this use thus far, here are my observations;

• From a comfort standpoint, it's like it's not even there. Neither the light or holster pokes me at any time.
    • With my typical attire of shirt out, it remains completely concealed
    • With a Velcro lined belt (or a piece of loop on the backside of the belt), the holster remains locked in place on the belt
    • In combination with the elastic belt keeper, retention has been 100%
    • Just like the pistol, the light is quickly extracted from the holster in a single motion by grabbing the light in a syringe grip and pulling it rearward out of the holster - no separate motion to move the elastic belt keeper out of the way

The only issue I've run into is when using a clicky tailcap, I've managed to bump the back of the light and turn it on when crawling under the dashboard of my car to change the cabin filter. A twisty tailcap solves this issue and is what I prefer for a fight light anyway.

My primary light rides DIP style in a front pocket. It's also set up to make effective use of a syringe grip, so it can be used with the Roger-Surefire technique as well;

I have concluded that comfortably carrying two lights in this manner is easy and convenient.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

New Multi-Mode Light

Malkoff MDC XP-L head on LF E1 body with GRK and E2T tailcap;

• 30 | 300 | 800 lumen 3-mode head
    • 17 | 2 | 0.48 hours run time on a 1200 mAh 18350 cell
    • Modes are selected via tailcap switch toggling (one hand operation)

It looks like this is going to replace the SF E2T-MV Tactician riding in my pocket as my EDC "everything else" light.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Any candela ratings on that head?

...]Malkoff MDC XP-L[/B] head

• 30 | 300 | 800 lumen 3-mode head
    • 17 | 2 | 0.48 hours run time on a 1200 mAh 18350 cell
    • Modes are selected via tailcap switch toggling (one hand operation)

It looks like this is going to replace the SF E2T-MV Tactician riding in my pocket as my EDC "everything else" light.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'll take the readings this weekend, but I'd guess it's around 7k - 8k cd on high. Subjectively, I'd say the beam profile is very similar to the BGV2, and overall performance on the high setting is virtually identical to the E2S. The middle 300 lumen setting appears the same to me as BGV2 stepped down, and the low 30-lumen setting is perfect for admin or any situation when lower output is desirable.

In operation, if the last mode used is left on for more than 1.5 seconds, the light will come back on in low mode. If the light is not left on for at least 1.5 seconds, the light will advance to the next mode the next time it's turned on. in normal use (light left on more than 1.5 seconds), the light will activate on low in the next use.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I measured it at 6,300 cd on high. Here's some single-cell size Surefire lights for comparison;

• Stiletto Pro - 1,000 lumens | 5,100 cd
    • EDCL1-T - 500 lumens | 7,600 cd
    • E1B Backup - 400 lumens | 1,865 cd

This Lego is smaller and lighter than any of the lights above

I measured it at 6,300 cd on high. Here's some single-cell size Surefire lights for comparison;

• Stiletto Pro - 1,000 lumens | 5,100 cd
    • EDCL1-T - 500 lumens | 7,600 cd
    • E1B Backup - 400 lumens | 1,865 cd

This Lego is smaller and lighter than any of the lights above
    I don"t see that offering on their site?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

User Tag List