Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Light Carry

EDC Light Carry

Four Methods of EDC Flashlight Carry is the latest installment of instructional articles I've posted on the EDCLB.com website. Those who regularly EDC a flashlight no doubt have their preferred means of carry, but for those who don't this article is intended to give insight into useful methods.

Thanks for taking a look, and please feel free to share your comments below!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

I used to carry with a pocket clip until my clip broke. Since then I'm A drop in pocket guy. I like the idea of a separate EDC thread for flashlights.
    Last edited by camsdaddy; 01-01-2024 at 01:57 PM.

EDC Light Carry

I’m a clip user. It’s the best for a wide range of pants I wear, unless there’s a dedicated light pocket.

My solution is to use solid clips that won’t break, which is a challenge because virtually all clips suck.

Malkoff is a notable exception.

Knife clips work. Why can’t flashlight clips be like that?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’m a clip user. It’s the best for a wide range of pants I wear, unless there’s a dedicated light pocket.

My solution is to use solid clips that won’t break, which is a challenge because virtually all clips suck.

Malkoff is a notable exception.

Knife clips work. Why can’t flashlight clips be like that?
    The deep pocket clip on @NH Shooters tail cap works well with the floating rubber finger ring but I also like the Thyrm Switchback 2.0. Both are solid options.

EDC Light Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    The deep pocket clip on @NH Shooters tail cap works well with the floating rubber finger ring but I also like the Thyrm Switchback 2.0. Both are solid options.

Double EDCLB clip bonded with JB Weld resists bending.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I picked up a Streamlight Wedge off a prize-table last spring and have been carrying it since then. I like it. It’s flat like a highlighter pen and not round so fits in my back pocket better and has a clip. Before that I carried a Fenix that took 2 AAs since I’m too cheap to buy 123’s for EDC. I keep those by the bed side.

I much prefer a small EDC light over a WML for every day mundane tasks that you need a light (like trying to find the small battery compartment screw on a HS that you dropped into shag carpet).

I avoid pocket clips on flashlights because they can be mistaken for a knife or other weapon. I normally carry a minimalist single AAA Maratec LED light on my keyring which is attached to a belt loop with a snap link and either the light or small pocket knife can readily be removed from the keyring for use, where both are attached via smaller snap links. Not my only light, a Petzal LED head lamp is kept in my GHB.

Site Supporter
    My primary EDC light for the past 12 months has been a Streamlight Protac 1L-AA with a CR123 battery. I keep it in the "high output" only mode. I'd prefer to run something along the lines of a Z26 Lanyard Loop & Retention Accessory, but the body is only 0.85" so I don't see it fitting. As a compromise, I've kept the clip and threaded and O ring onto it so I can grab it easily out of a pocket with my left index finger. The form factor of the 1L-AA is exactly what I want, which has kept me from going up to something with a 1" body. I have a 2L-X and it feels huge by comparison when in my pocket.
    Last edited by centex; 01-03-2024 at 10:53 PM.

I make my own Kydex so I can accommodate any light/mag combo. It's been decades now and I can unholster/reholster from concealment without thinking.

Around the house or when forced to be holster-less, I carry offside front pocket clip.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by centex View Post
    I'd prefer to run something along the lines of a Z26 Lanyard Loop & Retention Accessory, but the body is only 0.85" so I don't see it fitting.
    Attach retention accessory to light with an O-ring. It absolutely works, and better than expected!

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

User Tag List