Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: EDC Light Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I don"t see that offering on their site?
    Contact Cathy to order just the head - $99.99 ;

https://malkoffdevices.com/products/...men-flashlight
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I ordered one yesterday. Bad weather outside and perusing Amazon is a bad idea. I think I’ll be sending it back after reading this. I want bright and focused. I have a light on my watch that works for avoiding waking the significant other up in the middle of the night. Honestly, having a light on my watch is about the handiest thing ever.

I lost a light about a year ago (I forget which one) and replaced it with a Steamlight Protac 1L-AA. I like the dual battery option as I often have access to 123’s, but the clip is terrible. I removed it pretty soon after getting it and I have no idea where it is now. I don’t like it just rattling around in my front pocket.
    The wedge I ordered came in the other day. I’m not sure what I think about it. I didn’t pay attention to the measurements. It’s a little bigger than I would like. I like that it’s flat on the sides. Fits well in the pocket and stays put. It’s plenty bright but as stated earlier it’s not a focused beam. Pretty handy for searching around in dark places though. I also don’t know if I like the on off switch or not. I’m so use to a tail push switch that getting use to the lever at the front of the light would take some time. I’m leaving toward returning it.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I also don’t know if I like the on off switch or not. I’m so use to a tail push switch that getting use to the lever at the front of the light would take some time.
    The new Wedge XT has a tail switch. Here's a quick comparison to the original Wedge I found informative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iOb300FY_E.

Will the Modlite Legacy Enhanced LED-T Light Head fit on a surefire tactician body?

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Great discussion, my thanks to all participating!

Here are the two lights I have been carrying for quite a while. This combination works well for me;

On the left is my dedicated "fight light" that is carried in an EDCLB HBC at about the 9:30 position. It's reserved strictly for self defense purposes using a syringe grip, and the Rogers-Surefire Technique if used with the pistol.

Key features of this light;

• The Modlite Legacy Enhanced LED-F Light Head produces 850 lumen with 44,000 candela. I was formerly using the Malkoff E2XTD which produces 650 lumen with 70,000 candela, but I have come to prefer the ML head due to it's brighter spill and overall beam pattern. The E2TXD is no longer made, whch is truly a shame as it remains a top choice for a fight light application.
    • Momentary only using the LF Z14/Z31 Tailcap which features a simple, robust design with great feel.
    • The ergonomics of the light are optimized for the syringe grip using an Oveready E35 body and a Malkoff Delrin grip ring.
    • Powered with an IMR 18350 Li-ion cell.

This light has the candela to reach way out and overcome photonic barriers, while providing a bright cone of spill. When used with a syringe grip/R-S Technique, I think it's as good as it gets.

The light on the right is the Surefire E2T-MV Tactician with the EDCLB Upgrades. It's carried in the right side front pocket using the DIP method.

Rated at 800 lumen and 3,200 candela, it's "Maxvision" beam is a wide flood pattern. It uses a bezel switch for high/low operation: maximum output is achieved with the bezel tight, with the bezel backed off a quarter turn the light produces 5 lumen. I leave the bezel set at low output, which in combination with the wide, smooth beam I find extraordinarily useful for up-close use, and for indoors at night with my vision adjusted to the dark. With the EDCLB GRK installed, I can use the same grip as the fight light, and find it works perfectly with the R-F Technique as well. Powered with a 16650 Li-ion protected cell, this light will run for days on low and for about two hours on hiigh.

This is a key attribute for me: both lights can be handled and operated in exactly the same manner.

In use these two lights compliment each other quite nicely. They cover all of my everyday lighting needs, have almost identical user interfaces and handling qualities, and offer reliable, fuss-free operation.

User Tag List