Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Is a Macro a slimline or mid size?

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I had posted earlier that I tried that (the tube started to crack when I reflanged the sides for the baseplate tabs) but I haven’t seen anything truly flush fit yet. Pictures?

It’s my understanding the tube of the 15 is the same length (or very slightly shorter) as the 17; the difference is the angle of the baseplate. I want the baseplate to not extend past the bottom of the Macro blackstraps, or, if not possible, the flat 226 plate is sufficiently short that I would be happy if it was flush.

Attachment 114533
    Eta: pic from sigtalk - 17 on L. Tubes the same length
    I unf don't have pics. But he cut the mag and changed the angle.

I know yoi can make the 15 round mags 17 and vice versa by swapping follower and spring

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I unf don't have pics. But he cut the mag and changed the angle.

I know yoi can make the 15 round mags 17 and vice versa by swapping follower and spring
    Im interested in how he reattached the baseplate. Im thinking the tube has to be annealed first. When I tried to rebend the tabs, the tube wall showed signs of cracking.

Im interested in how he reattached the baseplate. Im thinking the tube has to be annealed first. When I tried to rebend the tabs, the tube wall showed signs of cracking.
    Let me see if I can find that post/get in contact with him

Site Supporter
    Let me see if I can find that post/get in contact with him
    👍 This is what I want. Wish SIG would do it; if they don’t - I will.

Name:  IMG_6445.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  33.4 KB
    What makes this desirable is that, although the heel drops down farther than the XL, the front strap of the XL is just as low. Making the overall dimensions of the Macro the same as the XL. (Probably another reason why SIG didn’t do it)

Put a Macro grip on my XL, I have to say that takes it to a mid size pistol and for me makes it significantly harder to conceal. My 365 AXG conceals a bit better because of different holster but is less comfortable for all day carry. I may go back to the XL grip for NPE duty.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Put a Macro grip on my XL, I have to say that takes it to a mid size pistol and for me makes it significantly harder to conceal. My 365 AXG conceals a bit better because of different holster but is less comfortable for all day carry. I may go back to the XL grip for NPE duty.
    Chop the macro grip to xl length

Chop the macro grip to xl length
    When you chop the Macro grip to XL length, can you still use the backstraps? Or is the cut located above where the retaining pin for the backstrap goes into the grip?

One of the major appeals to me of the macro grip is the ability to use a large backstrap.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    When you chop the Macro grip to XL length, can you still use the backstraps? Or is the cut located above where the retaining pin for the backstrap goes into the grip?

One of the major appeals to me of the macro grip is the ability to use a large backstrap.
    Cutting for a 12 rnd XL mag keeps the cut line below the retaining pin. You have to trim the backstraps but you can still use and swap between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post

Yes! I think I have.posted pics before if not, shout and I can put up pics

Cutting for a 12 rnd XL mag keeps the cut line below the retaining pin. You have to trim the backstraps but you can still use and swap between them.
    Yes! I think I have.posted pics before if not, shout and I can put up pics
    Thanks guys.

User Tag List