Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bans of common items in California

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    This is my favorite additive for windshields. Plus I apply RainX on a regular basis.

Attachment 113386

The link for their website was obnoxious, so I’m just putting the photo here.
    What do you like most about this additive?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Most of them have already moved to Idaho.

A bunch have gotten into politics, and now have decided that they want to change everything.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/an...?ocid=msedgntp

Here is a hint.

A California "Conservative" is not even close to what a conservative is who grew up in ID, MT, WY...
    That article (and situation) is a bit strange. You've got 2 people in politics, both are from California and the fella who lost is trying to brand the newcomer as a progressive. Pierce claims "They want to give the same kind of benefits to officers and state employees here," but the article has nothing from Pike saying he wants to enact such policies.

The way the article is framed (and that may not be the truth on the ground) it comes off as the ex-Mayor being whiny about the loss and trying to make the victor look like bad guy.

However, I did get rankled upon reading this statement
    "Grajeda owns four houses ... bragging about how he used taxpayer money to capitalize on low prices and interest rates just before the pandemic."
    That's just d-bag rubbing it in your face attitude (I can't say this is typical of Californians, I've seen this everywhere). Californian money is messing with the local economy, but that's capitalism. I believe if we let capitalism run it's course without imposing regulation, the economy will correct itself.

Circling back to the original statement, "A bunch have gotten into politics, and now have decided that they want to change everything." I profess I am an ex-Californian - I did not have the ability to choose the state I was born/raised in, but I got out as soon as I could, having lived and worked in AK, MT and HI. As far as changing things, I personally will not vote (I haven't since 2004), lest I be "contaminated" by my California upbringing and unintentionally change local culture.

I believe that if Boise starts pulling hard blue, the people will quickly nip it in the bud. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that an ex-Californian lead the charge in a recall/petition/change. I suspect that they are more adept at spotting blue state subtleties despite having "their guy" in office.

But maybe I'm wrong.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I saw a quote on Calguns that is worth mentioning, "If every gun owner had left NY we wouldn't have a Bruen decision."

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    That's just d-bag rubbing it in your face attitude (I can't say this is typical of Californians, I've seen this everywhere).
    Yeah, this guy and Lost River's neighbor sounds like they were assholes when they were in California too. That type's everywhere.

As a native Southerner I do genuinely feel bad for the CA and NY diaspora catching an oversize dose of grief, regardless of political affiliation. You don't need a passport to move around the US. The people who can't stop themselves from telling everyone in earshot how much better things are in LA or NYC are gonna make their lives harder than they need to be. But they're not the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    I saw a quote on Calguns that is worth mentioning, "If every gun owner had left NY we wouldn't have a Bruen decision."
    Maybe true. But I'm from the woods of New York, and I left. While Bruen may have helped the rest of us, it hasn't done much for those I left behind. They still have more obstacles and stumbling blocks, and a pessimest gun culture that has been built over time. They have less rights. Period.

If it somehow makes me less virtuous than them that I left the state and now have freedom, so be it. I wish they could all have freedom too. They have no idea what they're missing in so many ways.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    There's a huge amount of activation energy required to emigrate from the place where you grew up. Why should I have to leave Elmira to enjoy all of my Rights?

If all of the small government people left NY, NY would be too busy dealing with the reality of being Detroit or Chicago (without the balance of the Upstate folks to save it) to worry about infringing on the 2A.

I feel awful for the folks who can't leave and moreso for the folks who shouldn't have to. Same for California.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List