Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bans of common items in California

This happened back in 2011 and still causes confusion today. You can buy premixed winter washer fluid in the ~33 of 58 California counties that regularly experience ice & snow, but you may need to seek out a mom & pop auto parts store or gas station because many national chains won't risk $50,000 fines for accidentally shipping it to the wrong store.

Lowlanders can still buy the concentrated form and dilute it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Everyone who's annoyed by that in Cali will move to Oregon so they can continue to vote for people who will ban everything.
    Most of them have already moved to Idaho.

A bunch have gotten into politics, and now have decided that they want to change everything.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/an...25590a9b&ei=55

Here is a hint.

A California "Conservative" is not even close to what a conservative is who grew up in ID, MT, WY...

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

A bunch have gotten into politics, and now have decided that they want to change everything.

Here is a hint.

A California "Conservative" is not even close to what a conservative is who grew up in ID, MT, WY...

Here is another hint, not eveyone in California is the same. I am way more conservative than the typical first responder here.

Here is a hint.

Ugh. Mrs. CF and I are headed to Sand Point ID for a few days. It's on our 'possible' list if we flee Oregon. Hopefully we would be welcome as live and let live sort of people...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I used to mow a big lawn in Oregon with a push mower. Never again. In TX for awhile with a bigger lawn and an electric mower with a cord (old tech). Mental challenge to maximize mowing pattern to avoid the cord and minimize turns (cutting the cord). Then, just hired a guy to do it. Now, downsized with an HOA that does that, shovels the snow, takes care of the HOA mandated ornamental shrubs.

California - what can I say. Hey, maybe Clarence will free up window washer fluid before he gets around to gun laws (Clouds, hear me!). Oh, wait - in 1791, no one had windshields. Never mind.
    Your bitter obsession with Clarence Thomas is weird.

Site Supporter
    No, it's just impatience with what I regard as not getting the job done. If you have the job do the job. These rights are too important to excuse Scotus' lack of action at times. Certainly, the continually rants on Trump or Biden are obsessions? It's how they do the job.

Clarence wrote Bruen (or his clerks did) and was seen as our savior. Well start saving on the big issues as compared to domestic abusers or drug users.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Ugh. Mrs. CF and I are headed to Sand Point ID for a few days. It's on our 'possible' list if we flee Oregon. Hopefully we would be welcome as live and let live sort of people...
    There are always a few standouts

I could write a book on the stereotypes though.

My former next door neighbor moved from San Diego.

This was back in 2006-07 time frame. He literally could not wait to start telling everyone how to do things better. Both of our houses were under construction at the same time, and he would come over to my house and tell the builders and subs what they were doing wrong. He had nothing to do, so he was at his house that was being built almost daily. That meant he was interfering with mine. They thought he was the owner. I was overseas at the time. It caused a lot of problems. Referred to the town and quaint and was super condescending, as he was smarter than everyone else since we were just dumb locals.

I came home on break and literally one time had to ask him to leave my house that was being built, as he had pissed off the builder badly. He told them they were not meeting code, doing things wrong, etc. Had a few subs walk off because he was such a jackwagon, which caused a domino effect as far as things not being done on time.

I was laying bamboo flooring one day in the master bedroom and he was standing there running his mouth as usual. He had been there about 20 minutes talking non stop. He finally asked how I was laying the floor. I said I was gluing and shooting it. He said " Well, that is not how Bob Vila would do it". I was holding the nail gun and came very close to completely losing my temper and putting a couple nails into him.

Of course he ran for city council as soon as he could and became a giant pain in the ass. He would interject himself into every bit of neighborhood drama and small town drama he could wiggle into. As a "conservative" he always had some improvement project he was spearheading. Always costing the town and the taxpayers money. Unfortunately there were enough people who moved from CA into the little town, that he used that as one of his qualifiers each election, and he stayed on the council for a number of terms.

There ended up being a number of locals (natives) who would get angry just at the mention of his name.

Try buying a water filter from Amazon or other delivery service if you live in CA. A lot of the prepper-type filters are banned from delivery. Same thing with lead balls for your black powder pistol cuz they're "bullets."

I was once able to get around that prohibition by ordering a starter kit, which happened to include a bunch of lead balls along with the powder measure and wads.

The idiocy and wastefulness of CA gubmint is a true wonder.

Gotta admit though, battery powered lawnmowers and leaf blowers are much quieter than the two-stroke variety, and they don't smell bad either. So don't knock 'em til you try 'em. Or better yet your neighbor's gardener who no longer ruins your peaceful afternoon with the roar of powered landscaping tools.

Here is a hint.

… but worlds better than the liberal majority of kids growing up everywhere across the country. Data shows that Californians moving to other states generally make the state more red… I moved my family and conservative (so far) kids to TN and the kids here look JUST like the kids in CA… and every liberal I’ve met since I arrived has been here 15+ years with most growing up here.

I understand that CA is a cesspool… that’s why I left - but the focus on Californians being “not conservative enough” is both extremely debatable and focusing flawed logic which is missing the real thing that’s gonna destroy conservative states.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    … but worlds better than the liberal majority of kids growing up everywhere across the country. Data shows that Californians moving to other states generally make the state more red… I moved my family and conservative (so far) kids to TN and the kids here look JUST like the kids in CA… and every liberal I’ve met since I arrived has been here 15+ years with most growing up here.

I understand that CA is a cesspool… that’s why I left - but the focus on Californians being “not conservative enough” is both extremely debatable and focusing flawed logic which is missing the real thing that’s gonna destroy conservative states.
    Let him run his mouth, like his dumb neighbor from San Diego. Irony.

User Tag List