Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bans of common items in California

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I moved my family and conservative (so far) kids to TN and the kids here look JUST like the kids in CA… and every liberal I’ve met since I arrived has been here 15+ years with most growing up here.
    No shortage of southern Democrats in Kentucky and Tennessee, nothing can be assumed.

ETA: IMO the difference is they are not effectively unopposed so the system kinda still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    There are always a few standouts

I could write a book on the stereotypes though.

My former next door neighbor moved from San Diego.

This was back in 2006-07 time frame. He literally could not wait to start telling everyone how to do things better. Both of our houses were under construction at the same time, and he would come over to my house and tell the builders and subs what they were doing wrong. He had nothing to do, so he was at his house that was being built almost daily. That meant he was interfering with mine. They thought he was the owner. I was overseas at the time. It caused a lot of problems. Referred to the town and quaint and was super condescending, as he was smarter than everyone else since we were just dumb locals.

I came home on break and literally one time had to ask him to leave my house that was being built, as he had pissed off the builder badly. He told them they were not meeting code, doing things wrong, etc. Had a few subs walk off because he was such a jackwagon, which caused a domino effect as far as things not being done on time.

I was laying bamboo flooring one day in the master bedroom and he was standing there running his mouth as usual. He had been there about 20 minutes talking non stop. He finally asked how I was laying the floor. I said I was gluing and shooting it. He said " Well, that is not how Bob Vila would do it". I was holding the nail gun and came very close to completely losing my temper and putting a couple nails into him.

Of course he ran for city council as soon as he could and became a giant pain in the ass. He would interject himself into every bit of neighborhood drama and small town drama he could wiggle into. As a "conservative" he always had some improvement project he was spearheading. Always costing the town and the taxpayers money. Unfortunately there were enough people who moved from CA into the little town, that he used that as one of his qualifiers each election, and he stayed on the council for a number of terms.

There ended up being a number of locals (natives) who would get angry just at the mention of his name.
    That sounds incredibly annoying. I'm impressed you were that gentle with him.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    No, it's just impatience with what I regard as not getting the job done. If you have the job do the job. These rights are too important to excuse Scotus' lack of action at times. Certainly, the continually rants on Trump or Biden are obsessions? It's how they do the job.

Clarence wrote Bruen (or his clerks did) and was seen as our savior. Well start saving on the big issues as compared to domestic abusers or drug users.
    You knowingly moved from a gun friendly state to one of the most anti 2A states possible (as you constantly mention), yet continue to complain about the consequences of your own decision. I get you wish it was different, so do I, but it's not different. Get over it.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, don't mention that I think Scotus shouid perform better. It's a thread drift I grant you. Too bad, CA and IL are having laws that should have been aborted. My moving to NY was for personal reasons and does not disenfranchise me from commenting on the basic rights deprivation of American citizens. I've avoid the brilliance of Scotus on other issues which makes TX a rather unpleasant place. But let's not go there.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Tapatio View Post
    Try buying a water filter from Amazon or other delivery service if you live in CA. A lot of the prepper-type filters are banned from delivery. Same thing with lead balls for your black powder pistol cuz they're "bullets."

I was once able to get around that prohibition by ordering a starter kit, which happened to include a bunch of lead balls along with the powder measure and wads.

The idiocy and wastefulness of CA gubmint is a true wonder.

Gotta admit though, battery powered lawnmowers and leaf blowers are much quieter than the two-stroke variety, and they don't smell bad either. So don't knock 'em til you try 'em. Or better yet your neighbor's gardener who no longer ruins your peaceful afternoon with the roar of powered landscaping tools.
    Roar of powered landscaping tools = The sound of freedom

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Roar of powered landscaping tools = The sound of freedom

Living in California now. I see my castrated neighbors using their electric blowers and saws I weep for them.

I run my 80 ported saw cutting wood and my 80cc backpack blower, the smell of two stroke is the smell of freedom.

I do drive to Reno for non-ethanol once a year, I’ll have to stock up on windshield wiper fluid at the same time.

There are benefits living in California but yea the struggle is real.

I am going to weld up a non EPA wood stove, fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I am going to weld up a non EPA wood stove, fuck them.
    May as well weld up a rocket stove with a grill grate top while you are at it
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    It sucks you can't easily get premises cold WX windshield washer there, but you can mix your own.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...samson-dikeman

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Windshield-Washer-Fluid
    I just ordered this stuff, I'll report back.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    #RESIST

This is my favorite additive for windshields. Plus I apply RainX on a regular basis.

Name:  IMG_7220.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  49.4 KB

The link for their website was obnoxious, so I’m just putting the photo here.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    the smell of two stroke is the smell of freedom.
    If I squint I can imagine I am back on my snowmobile...

User Tag List