Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ratted out by the Smell?

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious E.O.C. View Post
    If only the Saint Gabriel Possenti Society were still around...
    I admire the reference to Saint Gabriel Possenti; AKA the patron saint of gunslingers
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Lucas oil makes a hunter gun oil with no odor. Current Remoil also has no detectable odor to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gringop View Post
    I made my own lube as per this video from School of the American Rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTpWfjVFfEU

For those who don't want to watch a 22 min video, it's synthetic grease mixed with synthetic motor oil thinned down to the consistency of honey. It works great on my ARs and Glocks, I'm waiting for a real cold day (30 degrees) to try it out under harsh conditions.

So not much aromatics detectable around my guns, just a little auto mechanical smell.

But at least I'm sticking it to the man by not buying high priced gun lubes! (looks at 3 half filled bottles of Slip2K that have been sitting around for a few years.)

Gringop

]
    I think one of the things that keeps me from going with motor oil and/or ATF is staining clothes.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I live in Vermont and most definitely spend time in some spots where getting "outed" for carrying wouldn't do me any favors.
    Wonder if I should make up a mixture of Patchouli and marijuana oils? That'll help me remain undetected!

User Tag List