Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Florida 2024 Training Options?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemonday View Post
    I have taken both, and I know you.

If your goal this year is to learn about judicious use of deadly force, then take the Ayoob class.

If your goal is to further hone your pistol skills in more practical settings, you would be better off taking the Jedi pistol instructor class I'm hosting in February or the Reston/Paletta class I'm hosting in March.
    Where in FL are you hosting these instructors?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Where in FL are you hosting these instructors?
    Homestead Training Center.

Hosting 3 different instructors in February and March.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Looking for some input from class attendees in order to schedule my 2024 training plan.
    Snip
    I will be in Florida in November for two days of pistol:

https://oftllc.us/event/two-day-comprehensive-pistol-8/
    info@onsightfirearmstraining.com
    http://onsightfirearmstraining.com/

Any updates on this? A buddy in Orlando just reached out requesting defensive handgun and rifle (presumably AR-15). Looking for a 101 course ala Combative Pistol, etc.

Randy Cain and Onsight don't have anything until later in the year. Anything in driving distance in the next couple months before it gets too hot.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Any updates on this? A buddy in Orlando just reached out requesting defensive handgun and rifle (presumably AR-15). Looking for a 101 course ala Combative Pistol, etc.
    Not from me...I'm not making any plans till I get past my cataract surgery, now scheduled for early April.

I would probably lean towards either Randy Cain's course or Mas's offering, but to be honest, I'm also considering just doing local competition options near me, assuming I can get back to shooting in May/June. There is not a lot within an hour of Ocala, but looking on Practiscore, a new USPSA Level 1 match was announced in Leesburg (maybe 45"), and I discovered that a local gun range in Marion county has an indoor pin shoot the first and third Wednesday of the month that I may check out as well.

User Tag List