Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sig P series -- DA/SA vs SAO

The metal P-series are 1.5” wide which is identical to the Beretta 92 series and just a hair thicker than an HK P2000 at 1.37” or a SW 5600 series. Keep in mind that SW 5609 is also about 6 oz heavier. If you want a tank, then I submit the Beretta Centurian Tactical as the Tiger-series of carry tanks.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

No relationship with this seller other than I have bought stuff from them in the past, but this is a pretty good price on the discontinued model of the Legion 226SAO that is not milled for an optic. Since I have several 226 uppers milled and an SRO in place for one of them, I am tempted to use this as a starting point and just sell off this uncut Legion upper and swap those other existing uppers with optics in as I choose. I have been told the only incompatibility in the 226 line comes into play when you are talking about any of the X5 guns, all X5 lowers and uppers which are not plug and play with the classic DA/SA, the elite SAO or these 4.4" SAO Legions.

https://firearmsdepot.com/sig-sauer-...26r9legionsao/
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I have been told the only incompatibility in the 226 line comes into play when you are talking about any of the X5 guns, all X5 lowers and uppers which are not plug and play with the classic DA/SA, the elite SAO or these 4.4" SAO Legions.
    A DA/SA X5 (ie- the X5 allround) lower is “plug and play” as you say, with any of the standard 4.4” 9mm 226 uppers. The dust cover will simply extend to the end of the slide, very similar to the European 226 LDC model. You can also use the 5” X5 Allround upper on the standard 226 lower, however there will be a gap due to the shorter dust cover (Which admittedly might make it less advisable. It still functions fine though in my couple of examples).

Something I noticed, is if you take your foot just slightly off the gas pedal, the 229 SAO is an easy gun to shoot very accurately. Something about the combination of weight, trigger, the grip size and shape, and how it cycles. It also is easy to shoot well one hand.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Something I noticed, is if you take your foot just slightly off the gas pedal, the 229 SAO is an easy gun to shoot very accurately. Something about the combination of weight, trigger, the grip size and shape, and how it cycles. It also is easy to shoot well one hand.

It’s definitely the bore axis. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    It’s definitely the bore axis. 😂
    It could be.

In the "Cool, But Will Never Happen" category, a P239 that took 365 mags would be cool. But it will never happen.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    In the "Cool, But Will Never Happen" category, a P239 that took 365 mags would be cool. But it will never happen.
    Fun fact: the 365 series mag tubes are the exact same as the 226 and 228/229 (and B-92/M-9) tubes with the exception of the neck-down area at the top. I think a 2011 style commander built around the 365 series tubes would be perfect.

Irrelevant to your point, I guess. But this means SIG could have built the 365 30 years ago! Imagine how different the world or even universe would be!!

I recall that I sold off all my TDA Sigs after the purchase of a 92 Centurion from Wilson. But I wasn’t shooting striker guns at the time and the Army still had M9’s. The ergos, light recoil, and trigger of the Centurion ruined all other TDAs for me.

Edit to add. I always thought a SA Sig would be the best 2011 a person could buy. The trigger is 100% the same but the magazines and resulting reliability would more than make up the difference. If I ever get serious about shooting again, a SA only 226 would be high on my list.
    Last edited by MGW; 01-06-2024 at 06:58 AM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Hammertime
    This thread reminded me how much I like DAO B92s.

User Tag List