Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sig P series -- DA/SA vs SAO

Finally had a chance to shoot my circa 2016 SAO Legion 226 today with the Strut from the Sig Armorer. It was transformational. The gun and trigger were 2x the gun the last time I shot it without the strut. My gun is otherwise stock. I knew I had the issue Burke was talking about (the drag on the strut), but I did not think it would be this big a difference. I love my DA/SA that Burke went over...but this is something else. The gun went from playing second fiddle to my DA/SA 226 to being a first string player. The break on first shot and follow up shots is very nice. Follow up shots are exceptional. The gun cycles fast...the sights settle back in exceptionally well and the break is very clean. This is what I was hoping for when I first bought my 226SAO. I'd spend twice the price to get this result. I keep wanting to grab a Staccato just because...but the wants died a lot while I was shooting this setup. I think a 226SAO with modern mags, one of these struts, and a modern optics setup is something to consider. I don't know why SIG doesn't buy this IP and make it standard for the 22x. If someone wants to try the strut, let me know.

Name:  IMG_9448.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  76.9 KBName:  IMG_9449.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  74.6 KB

I have two Sigs that are both DA/SA - 1) P226 Tacops 9mm 2) 220 .45 full size. Pretty much like them both so much, and recently found a CZ 97B .45 in a shop and put it on layaway right away.. they have a nice plan 10% down, and 10 months to pay

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    In the "Cool, But Will Never Happen" category, a P239 that took 365 mags would be cool. But it will never happen.
    Rooting for other manufacturers to build guns around p365 magazine

Quote Originally Posted by 1More View Post
    Finally had a chance to shoot my circa 2016 SAO Legion 226 today with the Strut from the Sig Armorer. It was transformational. The gun and trigger were 2x the gun the last time I shot it without the strut. My gun is otherwise stock. I knew I had the issue Burke was talking about (the drag on the strut), but I did not think it would be this big a difference. I love my DA/SA that Burke went over...but this is something else. The gun went from playing second fiddle to my DA/SA 226 to being a first string player. The break on first shot and follow up shots is very nice. Follow up shots are exceptional. The gun cycles fast...the sights settle back in exceptionally well and the break is very clean. This is what I was hoping for when I first bought my 226SAO. I'd spend twice the price to get this result. I keep wanting to grab a Staccato just because...but the wants died a lot while I was shooting this setup. I think a 226SAO with modern mags, one of these struts, and a modern optics setup is something to consider. I don't know why SIG doesn't buy this IP and make it standard for the 22x. If someone wants to try the strut, let me know.

Name:  IMG_9448.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  76.9 KBName:  IMG_9449.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  74.6 KB
    Looks like something I'd like to try in my 239.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Looks like something I'd like to try in my 239.
    I put one in my P6 and it made a noticeable improvement. The improvement, I would say, was in smoothing out the force curve throughout most of the trigger pull. Not really a reduction in weight, just a smoother overall pull.

This did result in significantly less of a kink in the hammer spring compared to a SIG hammer strut, which I'm sure is a big part of the improvement.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

I prefer DA/SA for all purpose. But if u like thumb ride the safety, SAO is very good for range use.

In the "Cool, But Will Never Happen" category, a P239 that took 365 mags would be cool. But it will never happen.
    P239 mags are becoming hard to find. I've seen a few for 50 bucks. That's the problem with discontinued Sigs, or any other pistol for that matter. Lots of those 3rd generation S&W pistols are going to be in the same boat. 1911 looks better all the time. $13 magazines has it's advantage.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-07-2024 at 10:44 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I'd be interested to see how demand for thumb safety P22X Sigs compares to the DA guns. Curious the same way about the 92.

I find these thumb safety versions of legacy DA patterned pistols fun and exciting.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List