Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 mags in a 19

It hasn't ever happened to me. I ran a 19 with 17 mags for about a year.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

You can run 17 mags in a 19 all day. There is absolutely no functional issue with it.

Guess I never thought about how using a 17 Magazine in a Glock 19 would prevent me from pinching the heel of my hand on a speed reload.

Guess I never thought about how using a 17 Magazine in a Glock 19 would prevent me from pinching the heel of my hand on a speed reload.

Glock's magazine is rather carefully designed to prevent over-insertion (unlike pretty much any others I've seen). I would worry more about a lot of other things.
    Ignore Alien Orders

if you run the Vickers slide stop, you might have problems appear, or be made worse, if you use larger size magazines.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    if you run the Vickers slide stop, you might have problems appear, or be made worse, if you use larger size magazines.
    If your going to make a claim like that, you should follow through with some examples/facts that brought you to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakpb View Post
    If your going to make a claim like that, you should follow through with some examples/facts that brought you to that conclusion.
    Fair point. http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?p=94002
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Dude really? That was in poor taste.

I ask the question here because there are quite a few knowledgeable folks on here I trust.

When I carried a Glock 27 as a backup to my Glock 22 I would always use the 22's mags when qualifying with the 27. I know you can run them in a fix or infrequently, but my question was if you can run them constantly without causing damage or risk of over-insertion. It appears you can.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Dude really? That was in poor taste.

I ask the question here because there are quite a few knowledgeable folks on here I trust.

When I carried a Glock 27 as a backup to my Glock 22 I would always use the 22's mags when qualifying with the 27. I know you can run them in a fix or infrequently, but my question was if you can run them constantly without causing damage or risk of over-insertion. It appears you can.
    Yes. Really. It's been done since the 80's. This question is as dated as asking if one can or cannot touch MC Hammer's rapping.
    Last edited by Haraise; 11-11-2012 at 11:42 PM.

User Tag List