Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regrets-- Let Go

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Regrets-- Let Go

OK, so what guns have you owned and sold/gave away that you wish you had back?

For me, a Series 70 Colt .45 Government Model that I let go in a breakup. I replaced it with a Series 80, which was almost as good. But not quite.

A AR-15A2 that I sold when I moved back east. No real choice on it.

A 1980s PT-92. I sold that cheap to a friend who had stalker issues. She never had to shoot the guy, but she still has the gun.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

A West German Sig P-229 9mm- I keep asking the guy who bought it if he wants to sell, and no. The really sad thing is that I used the proceeds to then buy a Glock 27 that I would come to hate.

There's a few 9mm's I've sold on, but I don't regret them in the same way as that Sig.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I lent a very valuable custom 1911 to a friend, who went dark on me for about a decade now. Boy, do I regret that one.

And before anyone says anything about it, I transferred it to him through a FFl, so it's his.

There’s a long list. Here’s a few off the top of my head:

- 3” 686 CS-1
    - 3” Model 66 that went to @TGS
    - custom Dan Wesson 9mm CCO
    - several Wilson 1911’s
    - 386 Night Guard
    - 1913-built Colt M1911
    - All 5 of my 9mm DW Guardians
    - Nickel Model 25-5

I had a beautiful Model 25-2. Gave it to a friend who coveted it and had done me pretty big favors on numerous occasions. No regrets until I found out he had sold it several years later.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    OK, so what guns have you owned and sold/gave away that you wish you had back?
    Most everything I've "rehomed" I am well rid of.

I kind of sort of regret trading off a milsurp Bulgarian Makarov for a 9mm Firestar. I never really warmed to the Star, and it went down the road eventually too.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    - 3” Model 66 that went to @TGS
    Still here if you want it

Name:  IMG_20211110_193217985_HDR.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  61.0 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

A 19-5 snub. I bought it the day after my son was born. I sold it knowing I would inherit my dads 19-4. The 19-4 was misplaced at some point in my dads later years.
    A DAO SP101 I bought used. The original owner performed a trigger job and it was smooth as butter.
    A 642 that I had in my pocket at the family gathering at our farm before it was sold. This is the dumbest. Someone flipped over the boat. There was a moccasin under the boat. Everyone scattered with several going to gets gun. I just drew my 642 shot the snake and put in back only pocket. My grandpappy just looked at me and grined with pride.
    I wish I still had my first Glock 26. If I had my first I would not have bought all the others I've bought and sold over the years.
    The only reason I still have my 3" 65 is I know I know the regret would outlast the cash generated

Sendra AR-15. Basically an SP1 built with surplus M16 parts. My dad gave it to me and I sold it to fund an AR varminter build.

Colt 70 series Government, in the box never fired. I sold it to buy cowboy action guns. At the time I had three 1911s, and a 2nd and 3rd Gen S&W in 45 which I thought was too many 🙃

S&W 586. I really liked that gun. Sold it because I bought a 686 and wondered why I need two guns in 357.

German 9mm P226 - I had bought it new and later sold it to buy a 40 S&W P226. I soon regretted that and my friend sold me the 9mm back to me
    Last edited by SecondsCount; 12-30-2023 at 06:03 PM.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I wish I’d bought my issued Security Six when we traded them in back in 1990. At the time I owned a GP100 and didn’t think I needed two 4” 357s.

User Tag List