Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Regrets-- Let Go

Just one: in the early/mid 90s I bought a 2 1/2" S&W 66 and by the late 90s to early oughts I sold it.

I have no memory as to why, I don't think I needed extra money for any reason so I can't figure out why I would get rid of this revolver.

It balanced perfectly, the trigger was smooth, it was accurate, it was just right (as all K frames seem to be).

I will get another, just not yet.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Cartwright View Post
    My agency prohibited us from buying our duty guns. Otherwise, I would have found a way to buy them.
    I say more bummer than regret.

Biggest regret was the "Pre Model 10" S&W stamped "Detroit PD" that was basically given to me because the guy didn't want his dad's service revolver anymore. I think I got around $300 for it in the mid-90's which lead to my second biggest regret...

I went to the gun store with that money and ended up walking out with a 4 inch Kimber SIS instead of the HK P7 the guy behind the counter recommended. I could never get the Kimber to run right (even after the "break in period" *facepalm*) and sent it down the road shortly thereafter. Ugh.

From reading the replies, I am glad I still have my first issued W German P226 duty pistol. I also have the issued .40 P226 with the newer grips and short reset trigger that replaced it. Those will be handed down some day.

I could list a few, but the one I regret most is an EGW built 2011 in .40. I had two, and a good friend wanted a Limited gun. Sold it to him on the cheap. He decided he was no longer interested and flipped it for a $400 profit. Thing is, I would have gladly paid him the +$400 to get it back, as it would have still been a great deal after a price surge.

Honorable mentions.

1. P239 two tone in .40
    2. Beretta Cougar L
    2. Glock 17 first Gen, though I’m not sure why.

I had a Glock 21. Not sure the generation, but it was one of the earlier generations without the finger grooves. Don't know why I got rid of it, but that was many decades ago. I miss the tupperware container too.

6” 624. For some reason I thought I needed a varmint rifle and swapped it for a Remington 700 .22-250, which sat unfired in the safe for 2 years before being sold. That was a sweet gun to shoot.
    Hi Standard Supermatic Citation.
    Nickel 25-5 in presentation case.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Still here if you want it

Attachment 113245
    What kind of stocks are those????

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I say more bummer than regret.
    I guess if we’re gonna add the ones that got off the hook, here’s my sob story:

1989, still in my 20s with two little kids and and a high-maintenance, lazy-assed now ex-wife to support (i.e., broke as hell), my dad & I went to a gun show.

There lay on a table a 5” Model 27, nickel finish, wearing a price tag of $225.

I drooled, but it may as well been $10,000.

A couple aisles later, dad stopped, looked back toward where we’d seen the M-27, and said “That’s a good deal, isn’t it? Let’s go get it.”

Alas, already gone after just 15-minutes.

Vending Machine Operator
    I have a few. A couple years I bought an HK USP Compact .40 Stainless, brand new, for 600-700 or around there. Sold it for like $500. It was unfired.

I looked it up last weekend and I couldn't find one under $1,300.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

HR Garand with 3k rounds and a German Luger. Thats really it. There are a few others I wouldn mind having back but i dont regret getting rid of them

User Tag List