Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Regrets-- Let Go

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    OK, so what guns have you owned and sold/gave away that you wish you had back?
    For me, a Series 70 Colt .45 Government Model that I let go in a breakup. I replaced it with a Series 80, which was almost as good. But not quite.
    The Combat Commander I am shooting in my avatar picture. I think it was my second gun I ever bought, had the K-frame sights, as was so cool back in the day. This was many 1911s ago, none of them anything really special, but the one I would like to have back. A few years ago I saw the guy I sold it to at our mutual boss's funeral and I floated the idea of getting it back. His response was that he would like to have it back, because he was separated from it in a divorce and assured me it was long gone by now.

Ironically, had I not had sold it (I think I thought a 5" gun would turn me into an IPSC star, or some shit like that...) it would have been taking in the burglary that got the one I really wish I still had, the M-15 I bought (supervised by Dad) with the money I made delivering newspapers, back when a 15yo kid made money doing that. I know Stolen is not one of the discussion categories, but the same theft claimed the Security Six 6" stainless I bought all by myself on my 21st birthday, I also made a ceremonious purchase of a bottle of Wild Turkey that day. Here is the tag from the M-15 (please keep an eye out for that serial number!!), I also still have the empty bottle around here someplace...

Name:  SW 3K14229.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  40.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    And before anyone says anything about it, I transferred it to him through a FFl, so it's his.
    This summer I bought a new motorcycle and sold my old one. Smooth transaction with a nice young man that I was happy to see get it, but as I was driving away he calls to tell me I pulled the wrong title out of the envelope when we did the transfer and he had already paid the tax and finalized things. We met up and got it all straightened up, but it occurred to me that I had just signed away the bike I just bought to some guy I didn't really know for less than half what it was worth, yikes!!

A non-"M" 586. It was 8 3/8" which is by far my least favorite barrel length but still, it was a non-"M".

Pedersoli Quigley in .45-120. Sold it when we were in hard financial times.

Re-import 4" Model 66 that had been converted to DAO by whatever foreign LE agency had purchased them. They kept the spur hammer but did away with the SA notch.

Shooter grade M53 with the .22 inserts (which is all I ever shot it with)

4" M28 that had either had trigger work or the trigger had been pulled thousands of times (or both)
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

My 6” Python that Reeves Jungkind spent a morning tinkering with as a favor to his friend who was the head of the LE program at the college I attended. It was certainly not a ‘full build’ from Mr. Jungkind but it had one of the nicest non-stacking double action trigger pulls I’ve seen on a Colt.

My SIG P245. One of the first to hit the shelves in Vegas after it was introduced. An amazingly accurate little .45 ACP launcher.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

No Regrets. Everything in my life is simply a commodity, waiting to be sold/traded. I’d be happy living like TV’s Kwai Chang, but with the addition of a motorcycle. I think that could be the reason I like revolvers: no magazines.

Stephanie:

Regrets: If turning in issued firearms counts, then yes, I have a few:

1. The West German Sig P226 I was issued in our academy. I miss that gun. I could do amazing things with that blaster.

2. A S&W Model 19 ONI 4 inch round butt revolver. Had to return it during firearms instructor school.

3. A S&W Registered magnum with 5 inch barrel that I was issued near then end of my career.

4. A Colt 1928 US Navy Overstamp Thompson Submachinegun I was issued. Lots of stories and good memories associated with that gun.

Guns I sold: S&W Model 12-2 with 2 inch barrel.

Groan....

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

These 3 always come to mind...

HK P7 PSP - probably more of a regret based on the current values.
    P220 Combat
    HK USP45 full size

West German P226 I bought brand new.

S&W 19 2 1/2 inch with Tyler T grip. Bought it brand new. Sold it to my uncle for 300.00 so his second wife could have a gun. They divorced soon after.

Several P225s.

My first Beretta 92F

Winchester lever 30-30

Springfield Armory 1911s

Colt Series 80 Officer’s in ultimate stainless

I could go on and on…….

Beretta 92D Centurion.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I had a Pre-War Colt National Match 1911A1 with fixed sights…my very 1st 1911. Traded it away because it would fire from 1/2 caulk and I didn’t know anything about fixing stuff way back then. I’d really love to have that one back…😞

Some more longer guns:
    -Yugo Mauser 98K. A buddy of mine really wanted it, and I was hesitant, but needed some $$$. And that was back when they were about $300.

-Century WSAR AK sidefolder. Had the classic canted front sight, but shot quite well. A buddy of mine really wanted it, and I was hesitant, but needed some $$$. And that was back when they were about $450. Probably a good thing, as I was starting to order Tapco bits from CTD.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List