Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Regrets, I Haz Them

There was this thing with some people hastily upgrading capacity (in their minds firepower) during the pandemic, and I confess taking advantage of it. Mid 2020 sometime I picked up my 2.5" and 4" M19-3's for exactly $400 each and a M28-2 for $450, and another M12-2 for $350, a quick trip to Nelson Ford for his tune up, timing, and action job and they are all primo shooters. I am certain at some point I am a beneficiary of many regrets.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

I guess now would be a good time to hit the pawn shops and gun stores to see what’s on the used shelves.

The blued 6" original Python that I sold. I was young (and dumb) and needed the money.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    What'd you guys leave in the display case that you wish you hadn't?
    Two recent examples come to mind from just the past couple of years.

A blued 2.75" Ruger Speed-Six on consignment at my local indoor range/LGS for $419. I had not 2 nickels to rub together at the time.

At a small gun show in the county seat where I work, a nice gentleman had on his table a S&W M28, which had been rebuilt as a 4" .45 Colt. Spurless DAO hammer, and a RB grip that actually fit me pretty well ( SB K-frames are just a stretch for me). I swear this was a gun DB would've spec'd out. He wanted ~$1400-ish for it, and again I was dead broke.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Silly gun, I was in FL for an academic conference. Since my mom lived near the site, I stayed with her (she still got mad at me when I came in late!). They were having a gun show at the conference center also, so I went. A guy had a table of HJS 4 barrel 22 LR Sharps derringers for $85. Being a fan of Yancy Derringer, I wanted one - just because. Now being out of state I couldn't get it. He offered to send it an FFL in TX but all the fees for a $85 gun seemed stupid. I could have dragged my 85 year old Mom to the show to buy it but that was wrong for a whole lot of various reasons.

So I watch to see if Iver Johnson ever actually gets its Sharp to market. Never seen one for sale. Tempted to get a Bond Derringer for Yancy fan boy-ship. Lost respect for the actor as he was Sally Field's step dad and molested her.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

A couple years ago a PF member was selling a Ban Tang knife. There were a couple price drops. I waited a few days and sent a PM to purchase it. It was gone. I still think about occasionally and it bothers me more I lost out as time has gone on. I've only got myself to blame

Shortly before the pandemic I sold a couple 1911's, which I shot a few times a year and a security six revolver that I bought decades ago and rarely shot. Dont miss the 1911's but I REALLY miss that revolver.
    Don’t just sit there – do something short sighted and stupid!

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    .45 Colt Mountain Gun.

I was worried about someone accidentally using my Ruger Only loads in it and passed.

I really wish I got that one.

Come to thinking about this a bit more, here’s a few others that I had and then didn’t have….
    S&W 29-2 8 3/8” with presentation box. (My first handgun purchase)
    S&W 66 4” with stainless rear sight and original box
    S&W 60 NY-1 in original DAO format and original box. (Bought from an NYPD cop)

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh- hand me the Tums!

A pair of matching Lew Horton N Frames snubbies in .41 & .44 mag. I thought he was a tad high, not much, but they weren't a screaming deal either at $800 each. They were NIB, with the factory goodies and boxes on a gun show table.

And....I had the money to make the purchase. <sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    .45 Colt Mountain Gun.

I was worried about someone accidentally using my Ruger Only loads in it and passed.

I really wish I got that one.
    Didn't even hesitate about that one :
    Didn't have the money for it, but credit carded it, and did some overtime to pay for it.
    To me, it's one of those keep it forever guns.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List