Thread: Drop holster for m-9

Drop holster for m-9

What is the best drop holster for the M-9? It will be for daily use with and without a plate carrier + full m-4 battle gear. I am looking at the Safariland 6004 but would be interested in other Safariland models and non-serpa options.

Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    What is the best drop holster for the M-9? It will be for daily use with and without a plate carrier + full m-4 battle gear. I am looking at the Safariland 6004 but would be interested in other Safariland models and non-serpa options.

Thanks.
    Back in the day, I used a Safariland 6285. It kept the M9 low enough so as to not interfere with drawing the pistol when wearing my IBA. The 6285 is a belt holster, which I much preferred over the 6004, because I hated having anything strapped to my legs. I also found that trying to draw your pistol from a thigh rig like the 6004 is more problematic than drawing from a belt holster when seated or moving one's legs rapidly.

If you do go with the 6004, I recommend adjusting it as high up on the thigh as possible (it should definitely not be hanging by one's knee!), even if it means cutting off the uppermost thigh strap.

Serpa sucks. Stay away.

I like Safariland holsters. The trick is to wear it as high as possible. The 6285 is a good option if you can clear your gear with it. I also like to mod 6004's to make it ride as high as possible.

Kyle Defoor has a good article on how to do this:
    http://www.kyledefoor.com/2010/03/sa...d-secrets.html

Make sure you test it running in full gear and getting in and out of vehicles.

Rogers Shooting School is using this as their standard school holster, and it is available for the Beretta. I like the paddle because it works with a variety of belts.

http://www.holsterops.com/rogers-rec...ctical-holster

I used a Blackhawk non-Serpa holster, forgot the name, with a 'jacket slot' drop, worked pretty well, didn't interfere with the plate carrier, and was relatively affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Rogers Shooting School is using this as their standard school holster, and it is available for the Beretta. I like the paddle because it works with a variety of belts.

http://www.holsterops.com/rogers-rec...ctical-holster
    I use this holster for 3-gun shooting, and it manages to avoid most of the downsides of a traditional drop-leg rig. It's very stable, doesn't flop around while running, and positions the gun at just the right spot for an easy draw.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

User Tag List