Thread: Low end laser engravers for grip stippling?

Low end laser engravers for grip stippling?

My curiosity has been tripped by some of the units/systems now selling for less than $500, although those may just be suitable for wood burning or logo'ing leather items.

Who has purchased one and used it for polymer work? I have had about 5 grips done with this method over the years but by folks who had the higher end units that did both metal and plastic engraving, big enclosures, cost thousands, etc.

It has become such a PIA to ship the lowers that are the firearm to those plastic surgeon guys as opposed to the days you could ship it direct yourself, I would be tempted to get into grip stippling for my own use if these things are now truly more affordable, workable and not that hard to set up and operate. I have zero interest in using a wood burner or breathing those fumes, that method doesn't fit my hand/eye skills either, tried it many times. Talon grips would miss the abundant sales of their Pro material in my case.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Fat Dog:

Please let us know how it works out. I have stippled plastic guns with a wood burning tool. I have also used metal punches to stipple pistol frames. What I have not done was learned to checker wood. I have seen stippled wood revolver stocks but haven't attempted any yet. If your tool does wood stippling, it might be a neat alternative to checkering wood stocks. The factory stippled wood stocks for the Ruger Gp100 Match Champion look great (but they don't fit me) as an example of what I am trying to achieve.

Have a peaceful, prosperous 2024!

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

User Tag List