Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optic height

Optic height

My left shoulder injury might benefit if I raise my optic height.

What would be a good height to raise them? which mounts or risers?

I am not worried about my point of aim being off at closer ranges that is up to the shooter to know where your bullets are going.

One Rifle has backup Iron sights.

I am or use to be 6 feet 4 inches getting older you shrink a little.
    Thanks for any help!

Name:  20231218_180142.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  51.6 KBName:  bnbbbb.jpeg
Views: 447
Size:  26.7 KB

For LPVOs, I am very happy with Scalarworks 1.93. For red dots, unity tactical 2.26 works great.Name:  IMG_1937.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2087.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  75.6 KB

I'm 6' 2" tall. I tried both 1.93 and Badger 1.7 heights and I prefer the 1.7 quite a bit. I like it so much I may wind up buying a mount for my 15-22 that cost almost as much as the gun. That's the downside to 1.7, the Badger C1 is the only player in that game. It's an expensive mount and is frequently out of stock.
    This preference is strictly for LPVOs, my SPR scope (Burris XTR III 3.3-18x50) sits in a Badger 1.5 20 MOA mount.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I'm 6' 2" tall. I tried both 1.93 and Badger 1.7 heights and I prefer the 1.7 quite a bit. I like it so much I may wind up buying a mount for my 15-22 that cost almost as much as the gun. That's the downside to 1.7, the Badger C1 is the only player in that game. It's an expensive mount and is frequently out of stock.
    100% agree. I like the 1.7/lower 1/3rd ish height for both LPVO and RDS. I tried 19.3 on an LPVO and it had ups and downs. Aside from the point about Badger really being the only one doing that height for LPVOs, no other downside IMO. I have yet to feel the need to go higher on an RDS even though that’s a current trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    My left shoulder injury might benefit if I raise my optic height.

What would be a good height to raise them? which mounts or risers?

I am not worried about my point of aim being off at closer ranges that is up to the shooter to know where your bullets are going.

One Rifle has backup Iron sights.

I am or use to be 6 feet 4 inches getting older you shrink a little.
    Thanks for any help!
    In terms of shoulder injuries I can think of several issues, don't know which you have.

Regardless, I wonder if you have tried different pistol grip angles to see if that would somewhat mitigate the problem.

I can tell a real difference in comfort between a standard angle grip and a B5 Type 23 Grip.

Just a suggestion.

Good luck!
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    In terms of shoulder injuries I can think of several issues, don't know which you have.

Regardless, I wonder if you have tried different pistol grip angles to see if that would somewhat mitigate the problem.

I can tell a real difference in comfort between a standard angle grip and a B5 Type 23 Grip.

Just a suggestion.

Good luck!
    I have been doing more stretching lately which seems to help .... I have switched from doing heavy flat bench press to heavy Inclines it seems to be stretching the injury and for some crazy reason my mobility is getting a little better.
    You might have something with the Grip ...worth a try.

Picked up a Warne 1-Piece Gen 2 Extended SKEL MSR Scope Mount Picatinny-Style with Rings 1.9 inch
    $143.99

Reading reviews they seem to hold zero so should suit my needs.

Thanks again to all that posted I truly appreciate the help! I would not have known about the heights and what to look for.

Warne 1.9 inch Super MSR Mount
    https://warnescopemounts.com/shxskel...r-mount-black/

This preference is strictly for LPVOs, my SPR scope (Burris XTR III 3.3-18x50) sits in a Badger 1.5 20 MOA mount.
    I’m 5’11” and I’ve settled on the Badger 1.7” also.

As of this post's timestamp, Badger Ordnance is once again completely sold out of the 1.7 C1 mounts. They sell every single one they make pretty quickly, do another run, and sell out again on a weekly basis. I'm a little confused as to why this situation hasn't presented itself as a clue to the other popular mount makers, especially Reptilia who has a very similar system going on. Surely Badger doesn't have a patent on a simple height measurement.

As of this post's timestamp, Badger Ordnance is once again completely sold out of the 1.7 C1 mounts. They sell every single one they make pretty quickly, do another run, and sell out again on a weekly basis. I'm a little confused as to why this situation hasn't presented itself as a clue to the other popular mount makers, especially Reptilia who has a very similar system going on. Surely Badger doesn't have a patent on a simple height measurement.
    Agreed.

I asked Reptilia/cust service about making a 1.7" mount. They replied (August '22) that they 'planned to make a 1.7" mount after they released the 1.93" version and hoped it would be available in the fall of the year'.

Not sure what happened after that and I never got back to them. Really like their mounts, but Badger makes what has become my preferred height.

-Rainman

User Tag List