Thread: Gaston Glock Passed Away

Gaston Glock Passed Away

Glock Inc. is reporting that Gaston passed away today, RIP. Talk about an interesting life. He survived an assasination attempt and went on to live to 94, among other things.

Wow. Sorry to hear. RIP.

I got the impression that he had been less involved in the company the last few years because of his health and they seemed to become more "corporate". I know there was a family struggle of some sort, and his second wife likely has inherited some control of a significant portion of the company.

I will be interested to see how the ownership and control shakes out. I am guessing that the entire family will be happy to have cash instead of ownership and control of the thing, either selling it to some big PE group or taking it public which would certainly make a lot of sense.

Gaston's long term impact on the handgun industry is hard to overstate.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Gaston Glock was the 20th century's Samuel Colt. He may not have been the only designer (see H&K law suit and settlement), but he sure knew how to market his pistol.

User Tag List