Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farnam Student Involved in Gunfight

Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Yes, I am sharing it, the more the merrier.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Figure the more people know the better.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Agreed.

An initial decision by the police or a junior intake DA not to immediately pursue charges is not the same as a formal "Nolle prosequi" decision. Though the facts as presented seem quite justified, IME the more liberal the jurisdiction the more likely a liberal DA will want to present a legitimate shooting / self defense case to a Grand Jury and deflect responsibility instead making a Non prosecution decision which might be unpopular with their liberal base.

Either way, a formal decision or grand jury presentation is not normally done until a full investigation is completed, which normally takes weeks, to months.
    The OP did not note the ethnicities or other potentially socially-motivating factors. Absent such things, I suspect not charging the victim would be less controversial and less likely to incite a liberal DA's voter base.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Figure the more people know the better.
    Especially those folks.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    The OP did not note the ethnicities or other potentially socially-motivating factors. Absent such things, I suspect not charging the victim would be less controversial and less likely to incite a liberal DA's voter base.
    Ha, Ha, Ha….

What I wrote has nothing to do with ethnicities. That’s a whole other layer.

The people who elect liberal DAs don’t believe in the concept of self-defense or people owning much less carrying weapons.

They would also take Umbrage at you calling the shooter “the victim.”

Whether hoodrat or naive social justice voter, they are not you and they don’t think like you.

DA’s are politicians. Deflection is politics.

Having taken these sorts of phone calls: if there is any ambiguity as to whether to charge a homicide, we did not on the night of. That does not mean that the case is over for the defender. My expectation is that police will continue to investigate, and eventually present a more complete case file to the prosecutor. My hope is their investigation unambiguously corroborates the student’s version of events and leads to the apprehension of the codefendants.

His decision to retreat to cover, while probably not made with this thought in mind, should obviate any stupidity over stand your ground (a buzzword which has been perverted to mean “white people can shoot anybody if they feel afraid” by the left).

RE: Carry Insurance, FWIW. Heavy Duty Country

I don't typically watch the guy, just popped in the feed. Thought provoking though.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Getting carry insurance has become a very serious priority of mine recently, and hopefully I'll be in a position to discuss that more at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Carry/ liability insurance is a far higher priority. Post shooting risk - unscrupulous attorney's > risk than drive-bys.
    While I agree with the above sentiments, let me point out that ACLDN is NOT insurance, per se.

The organization has been fighting with the Washington Insurance Commissioner over this distinction, and we do them no favors by reinforcing the notion.

Full disclosure.....I am an ACLDN member. I like the way that funding is made available, and the access to SME's if needed.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List