Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock for USPSA Limited Minor

Site Supporter

Glock for USPSA Limited Minor

For those who have shot all or some of these with iron sights, especially in competition, do you see a clear choice between the G17, G34, G45, and G47?

Paging @Gio, @Mr_White...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

While reasonable people might disagree on Glock barrel length for CO, for iron sights the 34 is the near universal choice by skilled iron sight competitors I have observed.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The clear choice is the 17L . And I think Glock just did a run of them, so they might be available now. Although 34 makes more sense if you think you might also shoot some Production.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    The clear choice is the 17L . And I think Glock just did a run of them, so they might be available now. Although 34 makes more sense if you think you might also shoot some Production.
    True.

Another vote for G34.

Site Supporter
    Glock 34 with irons hands down. Unless you are just having fun, my next match might be a G26 and the new Production capacity increase might help.

I use g34’s for production. The sight radius provides a little more forgiveness when your irons aren’t perfectly aligned, which is almost every shot in a sport like USPSA. The 17L doesn’t come in gen5, and there are enough advantages of gen5’s over gen 3/4 that it’s worth going with the 34. The 17L isn’t production legal either.

I use g17’s or 47’s for carry optics. I don’t really have a preference there, but Glock no longer makes 17 MOS’s, so my newer guns are 47’s.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While reasonable people might disagree on Glock barrel length for CO, for iron sights the 34 is the near universal choice by skilled iron sight competitors I have observed.
    Thank you. Sight radius matters and I realize the G45 especially would be a poor choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Now look what you've done!

I have a G17L on the way. And some Dawson 17L/24 fiber optic sights. And a magwell. And some grip tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I use g34’s for production. The sight radius provides a little more forgiveness when your irons aren’t perfectly aligned, which is almost every shot in a sport like USPSA. The 17L doesn’t come in gen5, and there are enough advantages of gen5’s over gen 3/4 that it’s worth going with the 34. The 17L isn’t production legal either.

I use g17’s or 47’s for carry optics. I don’t really have a preference there, but Glock no longer makes 17 MOS’s, so my newer guns are 47’s.
    Thanks! I decided on the 17L for now due to its scarcity, since Gen5 34s will probably continue to be readily available and I have always wanted a G17L. Do you mind expanding a little on your preference for the Gen5 vs Gen3 for practical shooting? My duty gun is a Gen5, so I have some idea regarding grip texture, larger mag release, slightly better trigger, etc., but your thoughts are more than welcome.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Glock 34 with irons hands down. Unless you are just having fun, my next match might be a G26 and the new Production capacity increase might help.
    I will definitely be shooting some matches with a G26. I shot one with a G27 in Limited 10. That was fun.

User Tag List