Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Corps had the right idea!

Given that this is P-F.com, I find this most compelling:

"Q. Is it permissible to take off my pistol while on duty; for instance, when in a mail car riding between stations?

A. Never take off your pistol while on duty. Keep it loaded, locked, and cocked while on duty."

Eat your heart out, chamber-empty-carry retards.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

"...that mail must be delivered or there must be a dead Marine at his post."

That would be the origin of "going postal".

We always said the 3 things you don't fuck with were a Marine's paycheck, liberty, and mail.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    That would be the origin of "going postal".

We always said the 3 things you don't fuck with were a Marine's paycheck, liberty, and mail.
    Things have changed in the Corps since I was in the Navy. 1) it was a cash payday in a shot line. 2) liberty was frequently canceled, and 3) mail was sometimes weeks old when we got it. Not a Marine but a detachment had a barracks on base in Morocco.

OK boomer.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Things have changed in the Corps since I was in the Navy. 1) it was a cash payday in a shot line. 2) liberty was frequently canceled, and 3) mail was sometimes weeks old when we got it. Not a Marine but a detachment had a barracks on base in Morocco.

OK boomer.
    I was in 1981-1985 so I'm a boomer, too. I wasn't stuck in some Godforsaken overseas post in BFE, although 29 Palms was certainly Godforsaken and Iwakuni was overseas, so my situation was obviously different. Never saw a cash payday that I recall, we encouraged direct deposit. Liberty usually got canceled because of disciplinary reasons so frequency of that was situational. Mail was pretty regular where I was. The other thing we used to say in Japan and Okinawa was "what are they gonna do, shave my head and send me overseas?"

Double post
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-26-2023 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I was in 1981-1985 so I'm a boomer, too. I wasn't stuck in some Godforsaken overseas post in BFE, although 29 Palms was certainly Godforsaken and Iwakuni was overseas, so my situation was obviously different. Never saw a cash payday that I recall, we encouraged direct deposit. Liberty usually got canceled because of disciplinary reasons so frequency of that was situational. Mail was pretty regular where I was. The other thing we used to say in Japan and Okinawa was "what are they gonna do, shave my head and send me overseas?"
    Never heard that one. Marine detachment in Morocco was good duty for everyone. Mostly Marines were security for embassy in Rabat and another base that was a USN comms station at Bougnadel Morocco. Not a well known duty station. Security was Moroccan AF where I was. It was their base.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    What a different time - the government not just authorizing, but DIRECTING use of deadly force to prevent theft.
    It’s like the “upside down world” compared to today.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    What a different time - the government not just authorizing, but DIRECTING use of deadly force to prevent theft.
    It’s like the “upside down world” compared to today.
    “The past is Another Country.”

User Tag List