Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Negligent discharge during a class

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    his accuracy wasn't great either.
    Presupposes knowing where the victim was in relation to 1) the target(s) being fired upon and 2) the position of the shooter as he fired.

Trying to shoehorn facts (or lack thereof) to fit a conclusion, instead of letting facts lead to a conclusion, isn't a particularly good idea, unless one wants a career writing editorial columns for the NY Times.

Plus, why would it even show up as a blip on one's Give-A-Rat's-Ass Meter....given the circumstances, whether or not he's a highly accurate safety violator isn't the center of gravity of the problem.
    Last edited by JMS; 11-20-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Site Supporter
    Soldier Systems Daily published a statement from the range owner, that includes his understanding of how the incident transpired.

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/11/14...ntal-shooting/

If that's how it went down, it's straight up inexcuseable. There were multiple glaring errors, both procedural and judgemental, on the part of the "instructor," and I really don't see much in the way of extenuating or mitigating circumstances -- assuming of course that the above account accurately reflects the facts.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    ...and he was back teaching another class the next week. If I'd just shot my AI I think I might take some time off to reconsider some stuff.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    ...and he was back teaching another class the next week. If I'd just shot my AI I think I might take some time off to reconsider some stuff.
    You're joking, right?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Nope. On another forum there were dudes bragging about having taken part in the class.
    3/15/2016

Nope. On another forum there were dudes bragging about having taken part in the class.
    Every coal mine needs a canary I guess

Not the first time this instructor has generated controversy...in below trailer, he demonstrates some questionable techniques.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 11-20-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Not the first time this instructor has generated controversy...in below trailer, he demonstrates some questionable techniques.

WHOA. I am not exactly a high speed individual but I don't think that you need real life downrange experience to say that jamming the trigger of an AK with your thumb while it is cradled in your arms and you are SHO shooting a glock is a good idea. WTF.

This is TEXAS, right?

CC

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Soldier Systems Daily published a statement from the range owner, that includes his understanding of how the incident transpired..
    The wonderful thing about the Internet is that everybody gets a place to give their side of the story, no matter how creepy they are.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List