Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red dot index and high register

No difference for me with the P07, draws to freestyle or SHO. I’ll try a G26 soon.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    No difference for me with the P07, draws to freestyle or SHO. I’ll try a G26 soon.
    Ok, I found no difference in windage index with the G26 (freestyle and SHO) with my finger. However, if I put the finger really high on the ejection port that creates tension and causes a deflection of my index in elevation, downward.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

It seems to me that there are a lot of factors that would contribute to this like any other grip related function.

For me it is easier to get a high register on Glocks but every gun is different because all of the dimensions are different from gun to gun. I kinda expect it to be because the only constant is your hand size.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Not trying to be an asshole, but what’s the thought about trigger finger on slide instead of trigger finger on frame?

For me, it is the realization that a high register position may cause the dot to be off (high for me) due to my wrist angle changing as I lift my trigger finger high in register, so I am not surprised by it.

Craig, thanks for the helpful video explaining your rationale for the high register position.

In a gaming context, I tell guys a high register position makes it easy for the RO to see your finger is out of the trigger guard, and running around with a light trigger it provides more protection room against a stumble and sympathetic response that could result in an unexpected loud noise.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Excellent description of your rationale for preferring this technique, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Craig, thanks for the helpful video explaining your rationale for the high register position.

In a gaming context, I tell guys a high register position makes it easy for the RO to see your finger is out of the trigger guard, and running around with a light trigger it provides more protection room against a stumble and sympathetic response that could result in an unexpected loud noise.
    Sure thing sir!

Another place it's helpful is in a public class with 20-26 people on the firing line. It's really easy to see all those triggers are clear before I issue a holster command.

User Tag List