Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Consensus on CZ P10 series

These are a fantastic deal if you shop around, I have owned several over the years. Comp, full size, compact, and sub. Just wanted to try em out.

There is new P10 goodness on the horizon, according to the CEO of CZ in a recent interview he did on TFB, wherein he stated a redesign is forthcoming, and for short term will coexist with current P10s. He also mentioned an uodated micro!!!

Soumds like some good stuff is on the way.

These a great pistols!

I have a P10S. I installed an HBI trigger spring and trigger shoe in it and purchased a Trijicon RMRcc with 6.5 MOA dot for it. Also purchased a PMM Independent Drop-In rear sight made for the RMR, which also fits the RMRcc. CZ Custom machined the slide to accept the RMRcc and with the drop-in rear, it co-witnesses with the black front sight they installed. Just about stock height. I use the 12-round magazines with Henning base pads, which makes the grip length just about right for my hands.

Loaded to 12+1 capacity, the gun weighs 30.4 oz. It has been 100% reliable, and accuracy is very good. I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    These are a fantastic deal if you shop around, I have owned several over the years. Comp, full size, compact, and sub. Just wanted to try em out.

There is new P10 goodness on the horizon, according to the CEO of CZ in a recent interview he did on TFB, wherein he stated a redesign is forthcoming, and for short term will coexist with current P10s. He also mentioned an uodated micro!!!

Soumds like some good stuff is on the way.

These a great pistols!
    I’m holding out for a 365(xl) competitor.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post

When the clearance prices hit on the P10 series, I thought perhaps a new version would be dropping, but a former rep for CZ told me that the P10 line was being discontinued. I'm glad to hear otherwise.

Holoson was supposed to be introducing an SCS for the P10s. If that is still the case, I will be putting them on mine as I hate plates.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I had a P10C with a direct milled 507C on it. They ditched the rear sight in the direct mill and that's the only reason I turned it loose. I think they are on par with the H&K VP9 as to internal FCS. The chamber area of the barrel dwarfs that of 9mm Glock, and it looks robust enough to withstand a steady diet of proof loads. Springs aren't as stout as HK, my P10C had no issue with Blazer 115 and every one of my HKs do. Good trigger and reset right outta the box. Ergos are great. They are seriously underrated IMO.

Site Supporter
    I've got an early P10C, I'd sent it to Primary Machine who direct milled it for a 507C with front of the optic BUIS,
    I'm running a CGW trigger, striker, HBI spring and Apex mag release, the trigger is very nice at a little over 4lb,
    the gun's accurate, reliable and a pleasure to shoot and had been my primary carry, until I got wrapped up in 365's.

Had my main P10C go down a few months ago after it had the tip of the striker break off which I was carrying for a week without noticing. At that point it was at about 1,000rds. I replaced it with a CGW tool steel striker and so for it's been fixed. It's at about 3,000rds and the last range trip I had four instances of the trigger not resetting when racking the slide when I was doing dryfire. Didn't happen at all livefire but if I run into more issues at this point, I'm just going to ditch it.

I like it for a Glock alternative and the price point but I'm starting to realize there might be a reason why they're going for so cheap.

Here is some info on the P10 pistols from SGW.

https://stonebridgegunworks.com/Why-...etter_b_2.html
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-25-2023 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    CZ P10 owners...

So I was looking to buy a subcompact as sometimes I yearn for a short stubby gun that is easy to conceal and can take full size mags. I previously had a Glock 26 years ago but hocked it because it would pinch the shit out of my finger when firing.

Before you ask, yes I tried baseplate extensions, the o-ring mod, etc.
    I'm a big fan of CZs--especially the newer generation guns like the P-07, Shadow2, and P-10 (2nd gen). Build quality is excellent, and IMO superior to Glock. E.g. CZ's have robust nitrided internals vs. Glock's plated parts. The ergos work better for me than any other gun.

Like you, Glock 26s pinch my little finger unless I use flush 10-round mags.

Guess what striker fired gun I carry? Glock 26 direct milled for EPS carry, with a SCD Gadget. The 12-round PMag pinches but much less forcefully. I also often use a 10 round OEM mag, which doesn't pinch.

The advantages of CZs just don't outweigh the standardized simplicity of Glock for me. Glock continues to support their guns, regardless of generation. I don't want to buy a gun that will be discontinued, or have a lack of parts--unless there's a big advantage. The P-07 has that advantage because it's the best TDA I've found, and CGW makes excellent aftermarket parts. The P-10 doesn't reach that bar for me.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm a big fan of CZs--especially the newer generation guns like the P-07, Shadow2, and P-10 (2nd gen). Build quality is excellent, and IMO superior to Glock. E.g. CZ's have robust nitrided internals vs. Glock's plated parts. The ergos work better for me than any other gun.

Like you, Glock 26s pinch my little finger unless I use flush 10-round mags.

Guess what striker fired gun I carry? Glock 26 direct milled for EPS carry, with a SCD Gadget. The 12-round PMag pinches but much less forcefully. I also often use a 10 round OEM mag, which doesn't pinch.

The advantages of CZs just don't outweigh the standardized simplicity of Glock for me. Glock continues to support their guns, regardless of generation. I don't want to buy a gun that will be discontinued, or have a lack of parts--unless there's a big advantage. The P-07 has that advantage because it's the best TDA I've found, and CGW makes excellent aftermarket parts. The P-10 doesn't reach that bar for me.
    Would you recommend one now while they're cheap or wait for what ever CZ is planning to introduce?

User Tag List