Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Consensus on CZ P10 series

Consensus on CZ P10 series

CZ P10 owners...

So I was looking to buy a subcompact as sometimes I yearn for a short stubby gun that is easy to conceal and can take full size mags. I previously had a Glock 26 years ago but hocked it because it would pinch the shit out of my finger when firing.

Before you ask, yes I tried baseplate extensions, the o-ring mod, etc.

So I was on the hunt for a used M&P 3.6" subcompact 1.0 when I saw a new CZ P10S going for $319, looks to be around the same size as the 26/M&P SC, and had some questions: How do things look regarding...

- how simple is the gun compared to say a Glock
    - reliability and longevity (parts maintenence and what not)
    - replacement part availability
    - how easy/difficult is it to detail strip if necessary

I wouldnt need an optic, this would be for deep concealment.
    Nothing will be as simple to detail strip as a Glock (as evidenced by KevH's thread) but if it's simple enough vs an M&P, I might go in on it. The M&P is attractive because i already have mags but i wouldnt buy additional mags with the P10, i would just carry the 12 rounder and 1 full size mag.

Please chime in and let me know what you think, stick to what I know, or buy something new?

I've owned the P-10S and the M. Both are very nice guns. They are reliable, accurate, easy to do basic cleaning, and concealable. They do not have the aftermarket support of Glock but they are good guns. CZ dropped the price recently and some are speculating that CZ might have something new coming out soon.
    After Glocks, the CZ's and S&W Shields are my favorite affordable carry pistols.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I currently have the P-10 F, C, and S. The F is an absolute beast with a 19+1 capacity. The C has a slightly longer grip than a G19, and the S is about the size of a G26. If you're using the 12 round mag in the S then you're getting pretty close to the C in grip length. Overall they are excellent guns. Mine have been accurate and reliable. In my opinion it's one of the best striker fired guns you can get, especially in the price range. As noted, aftermarket support isn't great, but between HB Industries and Cajun Gun Works there are no accessories or upgrades I've ever wanted that I couldn't get. It's also not too difficult finding quality holsters for them.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

@coN my first gun was a G26. It’s a good gun.

I recently got a P10s and I think it’s fantastic.

The reset on the trigger is extremely crisp and short.

Is less “mushy” and less “sproingy” than Glock triggers.

I think it’s a heck of a bargain for ~$300.

Name:  IMG_0299.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  103.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0134.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  99.3 KB

Vending Machine Operator
    Has only been a month or two, but thus far my CZ P-10S is a winner. Very comfortable to conceal, nice quality, nice trigger, great aggressive grip. I have no complaints, even independent of price considerations.

I carry in a Vedder Protuck I am happy with, though I'll also be getting a pull-the-dot JMCK rig like I have for my P365 and Shield Plus.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

To add to my post above (I missed the window to edit) I installed the flat trigger from HB Industries in all three of mine and it is a significant improvement.

Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Site Supporter
    I cannot comment on the P10 series but just wanted to add that everything pinched my finger with the G26 until I got a Gen5 26 with the Gen5 specific pearce +0 extension. Many thousands of rounds later on 4 Gen5s and nary a pinch during the shooting cycle. Of course you can still get pinched inserting the mag...
    You can always cut/grind the finger extension off if you don't want it.
    Adam

I have a P10SC. It's an awesome shooter!! I added a brass back strap and overwatch trigger/striker combo. Just needs to be cut for a dot to reach its full potential.

I bought two of the P10C optic ready models during the plague so that I could experiment with PMOs. Initially, I was extremely please with them, and I could, in fact, outshoot my Glocks with them. They have better triggers and "better" grip contours (personal preference) than Glocks, and there is no need to spend money on grip reductions or aftermarket parts.

I ran into issues with the recoil springs and finding replacements in stock took some searching.

Ultimately, I have put them on the back burner because I was able to get a factory direct milled G45.

At the current price, the P10 series is a bigger steal than it was previously.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List