Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Consensus on CZ P10 series

Funny that the OP mentioned pinching his finger from his G26 bc as I type this I have a blood blister on the palm of my hand from reloading my P10C recently at an IDPA match.

I’ve had my P10C since late 2017, so it’s a Gen 1.5 or thereabouts. It didn’t have the striker plate hang-up issue that was present in some of the original Gen 1’s, but even so I installed a part from CGW that added a small rod from the striker to the striker plate to keep it from rotating and preventing the slide from going back into battery. I also replaced the striker with the tool steel one from CGW bc I’ve had MIM parts break (kept the OEM one as a backup in my parts kit). Also dropped in a HBi trigger and the lightened striker springs but after a few thousand rounds started to get lite strikes so went back to the OEM striker spring.

The P10C was also my first gun I added a red dot. This is pre-OR models being released so I had Jagerwerks mill it for an RMR and BUIS in front of the optic. Fun gun, shot it in USPSA CO division for about 6 months before going to the Shadow 2 as a dedicated comp gun, but carried it as my EDC for a while and also shot it in IDPA. Have about 7K rnds on it as of last counting.

As mentioned above, my palm overhangs the bottom of the grip a little and sometimes when I do a hasty reload I pinch the bottom of my palm between the mag and magwell.

Another issue I had was when using P10F mag (for higher capacity) it is possible to over insert the mag when the slide was locked back and hit the ejector. After a while the ejector got bent enough that it was hard to re-assemble the slide. So I replaced the sear cage housing which contains the ejector with the OEM part -easy enough to do. I don’t think it is possible to over-insert a standard P10C mag because of the way the basepads overhang the grip, but if you try to run P10F mags in a P10C (or P10C mags in a P10S) be warned that over-insertion is a possibility.

It’s a fun gun, one I don’t see a reason to get rid of. That said, when I got the 365XL that gun became my go-to EDC gun and I shoot the smaller 356XL just as well as the larger P10C. Capacity of 12+1 w/ a 15 rnd spare mag is good enough for me. And oddly enough, I’ve never pinched my palm doing a reload with the 365XL, despite it having a significantly shorter grip than the P10C.

Well I'm a happy camper, Santa was good to me with this P-10F
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I really hope the new CZ striker gun isn’t fully tensioned… That uncertainty would make me grab a p10 now, just in case.
    Likewise for me. With the Danforth Designs SCD soon coming to market, it resolves the only issue keeping me from carrying my P-10C AIWB. I would seriously consider trading in my G26 for a P-10S.

Gen1 vs Gen2

My P-10 C was manufactured sometime in 2018. Does anyone know if that would be a Gen1 or Gen2?

I picked up a P10C for $380 from grabagun.com last week. Seems like an helluva deal for this quality of firearm. Apparently I should have waited a few days because they are now down to $330. P10F is selling for $340 on the same website

https://grabagun.com/cz-p-10-c-9mm-b...-15-1-rmc.html
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    I picked up a P10C for $380 from grabagun.com last week. Seems like an helluva deal for this quality of firearm. Apparently I should have waited a few days because they are now down to $330. P10F is selling for $340 on the same website

https://grabagun.com/cz-p-10-c-9mm-b...-15-1-rmc.html
    I’m a little concerned about how low these prices are. I wonder if CZ is looking to discontinue these? I saw the video of their CEO saying they would be revamping the pistol. Hopefully that’s all it is.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Site Supporter

Low low P-10C prices

I scored a P-10C on Black Friday for <$350, and took the plunge mostly on the hope that the Striker Control Device works out. Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet, just cleaned and dry fired it a few times but it seems like a quality piece.

I figure the new low prices are a wise strategy for increasing market share. How much does it actually cost to make a striker fired pistol, eighty bucks? Take less profit per unit to sell more units seems like a good idea to me, especially when competing against Glock and their massive market share.

A P10C followed me home today from the LGS.

This is a bad place to hang out when the gun buying fever strikes.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_1406.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  43.3 KB

Happened today- not mine - round count is about 10k with appropriate recoil spring changes.

Update on my decision...

So what complicated things was that my GSSF coupon came in and I figured "Maybe I should go wade back into the Glock 26 waters..." By chance, I stopped into a pawn shop and saw an unpriced P10S.

"How much for the CZ?"
    "Mmmmmmm... $250"

I didn't question it, I told the guy sold, I want it. As I was waiting for him to draw up paperwork, low and behold there was a used M&P 1.0 Subcompact looking a little lonely and in need of cleaning.

"How much for the M&P?"
    "$250 as well. If you take both, $400"

The P10S was new in box. I replaced all the springs in the M&P and will be doing a side by side comparison at the range when my vacation starts. For less than the cost of a blue label 26, I took home these beauties.

I'm curious how the CZ shoots in a striker fired flavor as opposed to a hammer.

User Tag List