Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Without PF, I never would have known about...

I did it backwards. I learned of PF while researching Shadow Systems and ZEV OC9s. I learned pretty much everything I know about red dots on PF and recently learned that there are a lot more armed Jews than I thought.

Took a class from Cecil Burch.

Bought from:
    Tau Dev Group
    Ltt
    JMCK
    Keepers Concealment
    Aridus Industries
    Beretta
    DCC
    Kershaw
    Graith/Mastermind
    POM
    Surefire
    Streamlight

Learned about:
    AIWB
    USPSA
    Proper Dryfire
    "Unconscious Competence" or what I always called muscle memory.
    Total Protection Interactive
    Jeff Cooper's color code
    Tueller principal
    Boyd's OODA
    Reinforced door screws
    PreAssault Indicators
    Reverse Edge knife hold
    Found wrestling/grappling interesting
    Found weightlifting interesting
    Thumb pectoral index/retention
    Paul Gomez. If I had learned nothing else his drawstroke material has been worth all the time I've browsed here.

Just too many concepts. I learned about PF from Ballistic Radio. And it really started the process of trying to learn about what capability means. When I get to an ECQC at somepoint I will definerly and proudly proclaim that my knowledge started here. If we ever get the damn hats made I'll wear it out.
    Last edited by Cory; 12-25-2023 at 09:41 AM.

Most of what I learned about pistol shooting, I picked up from TLG and the others on this forum. I’ve made some good friends through here as well. This is also where I learned about the manufacturers of a lot of the supporting accessories I use like belts and holsters. Also, this forum is my primary news source.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Daryl's revolvers
    BehindBlueI's stats on crime
    Bidets, Blues, willie
    Talk about shit posting and backhanded compliments.

I didn't single out the several friends who have enriched my life since finding my way here a few years back, but you are definitely one of 'em, brother. The rest of you know who you are as well and I'll just leave it at that for fear of leaving someone out.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Talk about shit posting and backhanded compliments.

I didn't single out the several friends who have enriched my life since finding my way here a few years back, but you are definitely one of 'em, brother. The rest of you know who you are as well and I'll just leave it at that for fear of leaving someone out.
    I needed five syllables.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I needed five syllables.
    If only there were PFestivus this year...some folks would have a problem with you.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

This is the Anti-Pfestivus. Before you know it, everyone will be holding hands singing “Kumbaya”
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    If we ever get the damn hats made I'll wear it out.

I shared many of the same sentiments and experiences as Cory, but THIS more than any!

I found my way here through Ballistic Radio as well. Before that my sources of good info were BR and the P&S YouTube content, which were a god start but nothing compared to what I’ve been able to pick up here.

I wouldn’t know what I was doing working on 1911s without this forum - the “Art and Science” thread is with the site supporter dues on its own. Absent that I don’t know if I would have developed the knowledge and confidence to really dive into the 1911 world and set up my own guns for serious use.

Likewise with dots - PF is how I knew more or less going into them what to do and what to worry about. I didn’t know about Eric Gelhaus’s work with dots and having that resource plus the experience of multiple members here to refer to has made the process of getting guns milled, installing dots correctly, and getting to work a much more painless experience than it would have.

I have no idea how many companies I’ve spent money with because of this site. BCM, Mastermind Tactics, Tenicor, 10-8 Performance, EGW, multiple Brownells and Wilson Combat orders for things I wouldn’t otherwise know I needed…

Hell, I own an Aimpont for my rifle because someone here offered me a Pro for a great price I couldn’t pass up. And that was right after I joined.

There’s also countless small things I’m sure I only know because of this place.

Without PF, I never would have known about... All the cool things I needed to spend money on. You're all just a bunch of enablers.

I knew Todd before PF and joined because it was his forum.

Before, I was happy with just my Glocks. Now, I'm poorer in money but much richer in knowledge and guns I didn't think I needed.

User Tag List