Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Without PF, I never would have known about...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Alright, here's the sappy "I love you Bro..." post.

@Mr_White recruited me to P-F and @SouthNarc Craig's world ("Craig's world - Craig's world - Party time - Excellent..."), and it's been a gift in so many ways. I'd probably be a clueless gamer without the metric shit ton I've learned here--often about how little I know. The knowledge base here is impressive. I know it can be annoying to be a SME and have randos on the Interwebs questioning everything you say, so I truly appreciate your patience and sticking around here at P-F. Without our SMEs... I'm not sure we have a Pistol-Forum.

Without P-F, I wouldn't know the good friends I met here. Some of you I see in person, others remotely. I won't list you all, but you know who you are. My world would dimmer without you.

There's also the whole group of active members. Pistol-Forum is a community of a special group of people. (And you know what I mean by 'special'.) We have our differences, but mostly resolve them. At a time when free speech and free though are increasingly rare, I think we embrace the most important kind of diversity--viewpoint diversity.

Without P-F, I wouldn't have Gadgets on all of my Glocks. Tom Jones, I miss you buddy... hope you're doing well.

It's been an honor to give back to the forum as a really really shitty moderator, alongside @BehindBlueI's and @Nephrology.

We should all thank @LittleLebowski for owning and paying for this awesome and shitty forum. I know we're a pain in his ass all year long.
    Haha. I am honored to be your co shit moderator (when I have free time these days). Really have always loved this community and still do even though surgery residency is challenging my ability to spend tim ehere (and to spend shooting in general)

Agreed that I have learned a lot both about guns and about other people. I learned about appendix carry here and now I can't imagine carrying a handgun any other way. I got advice, found drills, easy ways to improve my competency with a handgun. Gadgets fo glocks, for sure. A lot of stuff about handguns and red dots.

I also woudln't have known that there are reasonable, interesting people on gun forums. Not just angry quibbling blowhards (we all know which sites I am talking about... all the rest of them )

Without PF I wouldn’t have known about TLGs love of Belgian Malinois and I was happy/proud to have been a part of his Malinois forum. I’m glad to have given LL and other members here dog advice. There’s been a lot of gear and tools purchased because of PF.

I love reading the SME posts. Thank to all the SMEs for taking the time to post here. Also the general knowledge and advice here is incredible.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I’d have a lot fewer K-frames without Stephanie egging me on.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I’d have a lot fewer K-frames without you guys egging me on.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
    Ain’t that the truth!

And I wouldn’t own any Glocks at all, which is a weird dichotomy: kframe ownership increase, and Glocks from 0 to several, because they work and because P-F let me know about the SCD Gadget thing. I own more Gadgets than I do Glocks!

Gabe White class - not only would I have not known about it, I wouldn’t have known who he was or why I should want to go without members here making those things known, and definitely wouldn’t have been able to go without the generous sponsorship of @Paul_D.

I never would have known about how little I actually knew.

Truthfully I don't fully remember how I stumbled upon this place, but I'm grateful that I did and it was when I was still relatively new to owning a gun so I didn't have a whole lot of bad information to override. The other forum I was fairly active with at the time got taken over with quasi-sovereign types with a superiority complex.

I wish we still had some of our other SMEs around, but as was stated upthread I can understand the dislike of constantly be challenged by randoms who are the embodiment of Dunning-Kruger. I know that I myself made it frustrating at points.

Without having found this place, it's unlikely my incident earlier this year would have ended as well as it did.

My wife and bank account may sometimes dislike the stuff I acquire as a result of this place, however.

It's likely I'd still be carrying behind the hip in some Uncle Mikes or Crossbreed and never would have learned how to become somewhat proficient with a double-action trigger. The other valuable content that I've been introduced to as a result of coming here has been invaluable.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Alright, here's the sappy "I love you Bro..." post.

@Mr_White recruited me to P-F and @SouthNarc Craig's world ("Craig's world - Craig's world - Party time - Excellent..."), and it's been a gift in so many ways. I'd probably be a clueless gamer without the metric shit ton I've learned here--often about how little I know. The knowledge base here is impressive. I know it can be annoying to be a SME and have randos on the Interwebs questioning everything you say, so I truly appreciate your patience and sticking around here at P-F. Without our SMEs... I'm not sure we have a Pistol-Forum.

Without P-F, I wouldn't know the good friends I met here. Some of you I see in person, others remotely. I won't list you all, but you know who you are. My world would dimmer without you.

There's also the whole group of active members. Pistol-Forum is a community of a special group of people. (And you know what I mean by 'special'.) We have our differences, but mostly resolve them. At a time when free speech and free though are increasingly rare, I think we embrace the most important kind of diversity--viewpoint diversity.

Without P-F, I wouldn't have Gadgets on all of my Glocks. Tom Jones, I miss you buddy... hope you're doing well.

It's been an honor to give back to the forum as a really really shitty moderator, alongside @BehindBlueI's and @Nephrology.

We should all thank @LittleLebowski for owning and paying for this awesome and shitty forum. I know we're a pain in his ass all year long.
    That's really nice, CF, thanks for saying so! As time goes on, I feel more and more the journey aspect of all this. I'm not where I was before and I can't go back, only forward and see where I go. I've mostly just been trying to keep up over these last few years. Training has been going strong. And music production has been quite a refuge. 2023 was a pretty good year for that, with 25 tracks officially released over the course of the year!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    That's really nice, CF, thanks for saying so! As time goes on, I feel more and more the journey aspect of all this. I'm not where I was before and I can't go back, only forward and see where I go. I've mostly just been trying to keep up over these last few years. Training has been going strong. And music production has been quite a refuge. 2023 was a pretty good year for that, with 25 tracks officially released over the course of the year!
    Want! Where do I find those tracks?

That’s all great to hear. Hope we run into each other soon.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Want! Where do I find those tracks?

That’s all great to hear. Hope we run into each other soon.

Indeed! Those pictures were a fun time for sure.

My producer name is Leopard Step (probably unsurprisingly to you lol.) My tracks are available on Spotify, SoundCloud, and some of the other streaming services.

For convenience, here are playlists with all of my officially released tracks. The one on SoundCloud also has a couple of remixes.

If you have a paid Spotify subscription, use this one: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1t...30945391594327

If you don't, this one on SoundCloud has all the tracks too: https://soundcloud.com/leopard-step/...social_sharing

You probably have to download the SoundCloud app, but it is free.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List