Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Without PF, I never would have known about...

Site Supporter
    There's likely hundreds of Soldiers out there that benefited from P-F second-hand - because P-F didn't just improve my shooting, it improved my ability to help people improve their own shooting.
    I'll never be professional instructor material, and I'm likely not even in the rookie class of P-F total handgun skill - but I'm light years ahead of what the Army usually offers when it comes to handgun training and I've got a long list of already-mentioned names to thank for it, mostly from stuff they've posted or shared or linked here FOR FREE.

Shivworks and their material speaks for itself. I hope someday to get a class from @SouthNarc , but until then, what he has put out into the world FOR FREE led me to a vastly better starting point for that class.

Also @Totem Polar , I'm definitely not worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as all of those gentlemen! But it's a hell of a compliment and I'm glad my input here has that kind of value to you and others. Here's to continuing to share what we do KNOW, keeping P-F on track as a place of people who post things they KNOW, and fighting the awful signal to noise ratio of the Gunternet one thread -and thread drift(tm)- at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    There's likely hundreds of Soldiers out there that benefited from P-F second-hand - because P-F didn't just improve my shooting, it improved my ability to help people improve their own shooting.
    I'll never be professional instructor material, and I'm likely not even in the rookie class of P-F total handgun skill - but I'm light years ahead of what the Army usually offers when it comes to handgun training and I've got a long list of already-mentioned names to thank for it, mostly from stuff they've posted or shared or linked here FOR FREE.

Shivworks and their material speaks for itself. I hope someday to get a class from @SouthNarc , but until then, what he has put out into the world FOR FREE led me to a vastly better starting point for that class.

Also @Totem Polar , I'm definitely not worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as all of those gentlemen! But it's a hell of a compliment and I'm glad my input here has that kind of value to you and others. Here's to continuing to share what we do KNOW, keeping P-F on track as a place of people who post things they KNOW, and fighting the awful signal to noise ratio of the Gunternet one thread -and thread drift(tm)- at a time!
    Actually, your posts help me and probably others better understand military activity as I have no military background

Site Supporter
    In my defense I was winding down after my 4th 12 in a row, and had beaten my brain half to death trying to remember everyone/everything when I started this thread.

But shame on me for not mentioning this community. The depth and breadth of knowledge and opinion never ceases to amaze me. I know that no matter what the subject, I can ask about it here and get good information. But the biggest thing is the way this community supports each other. We've celebrated each other's good times, and commiserated in the bad ones.

The only disappointment is the number of Michigan fans around here, but since I'm not really a sportsball fan, it's a small price to pay.

(Obligatory 'mods here are shit' comment...)

Thank you all.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Without PF, I never would have bought a revolver, and I never would have gotten seriously into shotguns. The amount of historical and technical knowledge here is amazing.

Alright, here's the sappy "I love you Bro..." post.

@Mr_White recruited me to P-F and @SouthNarc Craig's world ("Craig's world - Craig's world - Party time - Excellent..."), and it's been a gift in so many ways. I'd probably be a clueless gamer without the metric shit ton I've learned here--often about how little I know. The knowledge base here is impressive. I know it can be annoying to be a SME and have randos on the Interwebs questioning everything you say, so I truly appreciate your patience and sticking around here at P-F. Without our SMEs... I'm not sure we have a Pistol-Forum.

Without P-F, I wouldn't know the good friends I met here. Some of you I see in person, others remotely. I won't list you all, but you know who you are. My world would dimmer without you.

There's also the whole group of active members. Pistol-Forum is a community of a special group of people. (And you know what I mean by 'special'.) We have our differences, but mostly resolve them. At a time when free speech and free though are increasingly rare, I think we embrace the most important kind of diversity--viewpoint diversity.

Without P-F, I wouldn't have Gadgets on all of my Glocks. Tom Jones, I miss you buddy... hope you're doing well.

It's been an honor to give back to the forum as a really really shitty moderator, alongside @BehindBlueI's and @Nephrology.

We should all thank @LittleLebowski for owning and paying for this awesome and shitty forum. I know we're a pain in his ass all year long.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Where do I even begin? I’ll get to this later this week. I’m having a nice Christmas Day with Mrs. CF in front of the fire. Cheers friends!
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Ed4032 View Post
    Memes…. nobody said anything about the huge learning experience from reading memes.
    I've learned things from the memes here that I wish I hadn't.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I've learned things from the memes here that I wish I hadn't.

Okie John
    That’s the truth

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Everything I know about bidets, I learned from P-F.

Thank you @LittleLebowski
    ❤️❤️❤️
    #RESIST

I learned about the chips and dip at Chilis…….

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I’d have a lot fewer K-frames without you guys egging me on.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List