Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Key Chain Replacement for Surefire Sidekick

Key Chain Replacement for Surefire Sidekick

Mine (daughter’s & I gave her mine) stopped recharging. Looked at replacing since 3 of 4 still worked after several years. But looks like discontinued. Not seeing a replacement. The Titan is a twist so no interest. What are keychain users using that’s available in 2023/4? Prefer to avoid supporting PRC if an option but may not be. Thanks all.

Site Supporter
    Here is what is on my keychain:

https://countycomm.com/products/rhub...imited-edition

Keep the tailcap unscrewed 1/3 turn when not in use to prevent battery drain. Otherwise, the tiny cell will drain very quickly. The light uses an electronic switch which drains the cell even if the light is off unless power is physically disconnected by turning the tailcap. If the switch is illuminated, power is being drained.

I keep mine set to come on in low first. Low is enough light for 90% of my use for a keychain light. Moonlight and turbo are both immediately accessible, which is really nice. If I ever to use a light without waking someone up, moonlight will do it. The turbo is quite impressive for that size light.

Plan on checking the cell voltage frequently and recharging frequently.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 12-24-2023 at 12:49 AM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

Thank you Bill, I have one of those and now I know why it went dead on my desk. It came in one of their grab bags, I believe before they ever listed it, and I never saw docs on them.

First and foremost, DO NOT click that link! CountyComm is not as bad for the wallet as gunbroker, but it will cause stuff you didn't know you needed to slowly fill your office.

My wife has one of these , it's showing sold out. Some of the other lights that I've gotten from there are just gone, not sold out, so they may be coming back. I've always gotten prompt email responses from them, might be worth emailing. A previous (different model) unscrewed itself and disappeared quickly buy this one has survived and she loves it.
    This guy looks interesting.

I don't own one of these, but I own a lot of their stuff and my EDC light comes from them: beta-magnetic I think I'd want more than 50 lumens but with the high CRI it should look brighter. I think.

***Please note that Prometheus is similarly hazardous to the wallet.***
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

I got a few Surefire Sidekicks for Xmas stocking stuffers a couple years ago, and one for me also. It's what's on the truck key chain now. Pretty happy with it. Maybe bulkier than I prefer, but it works.

I bought a AAA Olight i3E EOS (90 lumen) model and put it on the fancy pants car keychain. I noticed these are NLA, but the newer model i3T is (180 lumen). It's a twist-type, and has been working fine. I use a single Eneloop battery in it.

https://a.co/d/02u0mqP

Site Supporter
    I am happy with the Streamlight Microstream USB on my keychain. PRC made but Streamlight still has a US presence. Since it's a bit thinner than the Sidekick (though longer) it felt less bulky in my pocket. Also I find it easier to turn on because the button is at the end rather than on one or the other side of the light.

To make it keychain friendly, use the smallest black zip tie and a small key ring and run it around the light in the bend of the pocket clip. This also serves to keep the pocket clip from snapping off.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Mine (daughter’s & I gave her mine) stopped recharging. Looked at replacing since 3 of 4 still worked after several years. But looks like discontinued. Not seeing a replacement. The Titan is a twist so no interest. What are keychain users using that’s available in 2023/4? Prefer to avoid supporting PRC if an option but may not be. Thanks all.
    If Surefire is unable to assist or you don't want to go that route, pop the case. Many of the cells in lights like these can be replaced.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I bought a dozen when they came out and gave them as Christmas gifts. My dad uses his daily and is on his second one. A couple months ago he told me the second one isn’t working. Fortunately I found two on a peg in a gun shop and bought them both, so that should hold him a while. If I can find his first one, I’m going to see if I can return them for service. I don’t think he would like the twist Titan light either.

I have switched to using the Rovy Von A3 and really like them. 650 lumens from a USB C rechargable light the size of a AAA battery. The tail magnet and magnet clip that is reversible add even more utility and just $22. I have them on my zipper pulls on my fleece and shell as well as pocket carry.

Site Supporter
    I don't like a light attached to my keys, but if I was going to put one on it would be a Cloud Defensive Chicro. 100% PRC and they don't hide it. Best light in it's class i've found.

User Tag List