Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

The Kel-Tec brand rightfully is thought of as producing absolute dogs of firearms.

That’s generally true.

The P32 seems to be the exception to this. From all the research I’ve done they seem to actually be pretty reliable little pistols when run with the right ammo, springs, and lube.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    The Kel-Tec brand rightfully is thought of as producing absolute dogs of firearms.

That’s generally true.

The P32 seems to be the exception to this. From all the research I’ve done they seem to actually be pretty reliable little pistols when run with the right ammo, springs, and lube.
    Kel-Tec has some fucking genius level outside the box dreamers who come up with some brilliant creations and then they send the designs to a High School shop class to be produced.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I've heard of the rim lock issue with .32, is this gun, or ammo specific, meaning is there a known combo that functions reliably?
    It varies by gun (really magazine) and ammo. Generalities, you want a longer cartridge OAL to minimize ammo shifting in the magazine. European ammo tends to have a longer OAL, as does FMJ. Some European ammo also had the cartridge semi-rim beveled which helps with rimlock. On the other hand some magazines are designed for shorter OAL. For instance the Seecamp is designed around the shorter Winchester Silvertip OAL. There is also a mod for the P32 that basically adds a spacer to the magazine's interior rear wall to accommodate shorter OAL cartridges. If going .32 ACP you want to research the platform and the ammo to find the best match. With our Colt 1903's: Fiocchi, Geco, and PPU work well. Especially the PPU dodges rimlock even in JHP which they load really long. Then again looking at their JHP I doubt it would ever expand and might as well be FMJ.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    It varies by gun (really magazine) and ammo. Generalities, you want a longer cartridge OAL to minimize ammo shifting in the magazine. European ammo tends to have a longer OAL, as does FMJ. Some European ammo also had the cartridge semi-rim beveled which helps with rimlock. On the other hand some magazines are designed for shorter OAL. For instance the Seecamp is designed around the shorter Winchester Silvertip OAL. There is also a mod for the P32 that basically adds a spacer to the magazine's interior rear wall to accommodate shorter OAL cartridges. If going .32 ACP you want to research the platform and the ammo to find the best match. With our Colt 1903's: Fiocchi, Geco, and PPU work well. Especially the PPU dodges rimlock even in JHP which they load really long. Then again looking at their JHP I doubt it would ever expand and might as well be FMJ.
    Very cool! Never even heard of PPU ammo.

Very cool! Never even heard of PPU ammo.
    Also known as Prvi Partizan. Could be wrong on this but pretty sure PPU is loaded in their American plant while Prvi Partizan is from their home plant in Serbia. At least they started the PPU branding after the American plant opened. Cheap, dirty ammo but a good source for some almost orphan calibers. Wouldn't necessarily recommend them in most mainstream calibers but their .32 does work well in 1903's (albeit they don't have the velocity of of Sellier and Bellot, Fiocchi, or Geco loadings and, again, very smoky and dirty).
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

ShivWorks is also moving into paid streaming subscriber content and more than likely this is where most of what I'm gonna do during this project is going to reside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Not to be a dick, but of course you get a million more views on YouTube than here. That said, I'm all about not giving away intellectual property. When you get it up and running, please start a thread. There's no way I will remember this six months from now.
    Name:  IMG_1514.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  49.1 KB

You offer a level of specialized subject matter expertise that I am happy to pay for. Please let us know when this is up and running.

I do follow you on other social media, but only after seeing your content here first. Also, about an hour ago I was searching your 2024 schedule to see if ECQC was going to be anywhere close to Phoenix…

So…more progress.

The main part of what makes a PCP work is the skill itself. The only way to develop the skill is interactively.

So that means with someone and for that we need a training analog.

Not the little KelTec but Tokyo Marui makes a non blowback green gas Ruger LCP airsoft pistol.

https://www.wgcshop.com/products/tok...ide-gas-pistol

It’s close enough to the Kel Tec for drilling purposes and if someone was running an LCP as a PCP then this is a 1:1 for them.

I think using an airsoft analog has ALOT of advantages.

The main one being is that one can train without facial protection if they just use the poof of gas to denote and maybe even “feel” the shot in lieu of a projectile. Maybe some eye pro.

Being able to do effective non-projectile opposed drilling without face protection allows one to really dial in the eye movement and facial expressions of their partner so they can develop proper timing and pace.

I already have a drill progression that I’m gonna hold back for right now for some beta testing.

I found one of the little LCP airsoft pistols on eBay brand new and bought it so I should have it in hand in a couple of weeks since it’s coming from Japan.
    Last edited by SouthNarc; 12-24-2023 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Name:  IMG_1514.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  49.1 KB

You offer a level of specialized subject matter expertise that I am happy to pay for. Please let us know when this is up and running.

I do follow you on other social media, but only after seeing your content here first. Also, about an hour ago I was searching your 2024 schedule to see if ECQC was going to be anywhere close to Phoenix…
    Thanks man I appreciate that and that’s good feedback.👍🏽

Site Supporter
    I did a bunch of testing with magazine spacers in a P-32 a couple of decades ago. What I found is that they create a high likelihood of premature slidelock by pushing the ammunition far enough forward to hit the slide lock. This happened both with my homemade spacers and with a "rimlock prevention kit" offered but not advertised by Kel-Tec.

I probably have about 1,500 rounds through my P-32, and have experienced one rimlock while shooting. I have also heard/felt them occur while loading magazines, and was able to correct it.

I have become convinced that 100% of rimlocks occur while the ammunition is being loaded into the magazine. Once the ammunition is loaded, the same rim interaction which makes rimlock such a bad jam also prevents it from happening in the first place. Be careful how you push down on the cartridges already in the magazine when inserting the next cartridge to keep the rims from separating.

As soon as it arrives, I will try some of this ammo:

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=132

I do not yet know the overall length but I hope it will be sufficient so that rimlock becomes a non-issue. My best guess at this point is that a cartridge with a 75 gr. bullet will likely be near the long end of the acceptable range of measurements for this caliber.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

That's a fair point too Hambo and on that note, P/F really isn't an advertising venue for me and I probably shouldn't have framed it that way. I value the community and have ever since Todd asked me to come over and participate when he founded it.

What it is really about is:

1. Time out put. I just have less than ever.

2. The reality of aging out of the road show. I'm gonna keep doing this as long as I can, but at 55 years old and 21 years doing this....well....nothing lasts forever. Recent health issues also have been a wake-up call.

3. Reaching the limit of road training scalability. Despite hiring Brian full-time and him being 20 years younger than me, there's still a limit on how many classes we can do. Pretty maxed out right now at 40+ weeks a year on the road.

Actually Brian is the one that has been pushing us to do "on-line" training which I think is kind of an oxymoron, and I've been resistant to it.

But....a ton of folks ARE asking for it.

So....we'll see.
    My problem is that I can't travel to go to classes like I used to, for some of the same reasons you can't teach. I've been following you since before there was a P-F, and you're on my very short list of people worth paying for training. Give it a shot, man. Whatever you do will be head and shoulders above a lot of "content" out there.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List