Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by valian View Post
    This is what I am doing. Always some cash in my shirt pocket. Nothing says compliance like some raw cash to start things off and you are right, it's also a great distraction for everything else that's coming. I also have a set of keys that go to nothing and a false wallet with some more cash but nothing else of value, sometimes even a junk cell phone.
    Clumsy handover of loose cash is even better. More likely their eyes follow the $ to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Love this thread! The pocket shot seems pretty viable conceptually as it seems it may offer additional confusion for the perp, as he sees it is holsters, then realizes it is what it is. That being said, Craig”s draw was so spot on, he will realize it is not a holster about the time he hits the ground. Also, aren’t pocket holsters like that Desantis “AOWs?”
    The “now it’s an AOW” (espoused BATF theory being it was now a “disguised weapon” like a pen gun or cane gun) ruling shenanigans was specific to the aforementioned Galco ones for the High Standard derringers, Seecamp, & Beretta 21A that completely enclosed the gun. The pictured open slide variants like the Desantis were a workaround to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    This thread feels a bit like old-school P-F. I like it.

Only this place could have a guy practicing draws and buying multiple holsters for an LCP.

My LCP has been 100% reliable, but I don't have a lot of confidence about sitting on it. So I watched @SouthNarc's video a few times, and using the hip turn my entire right arm is not visible during the draw (I made my wife watch to be sure). There is no difference between a draw from the R rear pocket or my waistband. Now I need a 1-sided holster, and an IWB (Vedder makes one) for the LCP. Carried a little farther back than I would with a larger pistol, but not SOB, I think IWB is an option.

Other positives: it's easy to draw while sitting for the Pulp Fiction presentation. Pocket and IWB are accessible with my left hand, but IWB is easier.

And I need a money clip.
    Last edited by Hambo; 12-29-2023 at 06:13 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

On handovers I think I said a while back that I carry a fairly big Vincent Vega heroin-deal sized roll of cash in my pocket. The bills don't have to be large denominations but a big roll is fairly distracting.

Big roll, iPhone, wallet, watch, and key fob are all nice handovers.

They're all just sparklys for a face shot so the more they draw the eye the better.

Nice shoes work well too.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    On handovers I think I said a while back that I carry a fairly big Vincent Vega heroin-deal sized roll of cash in my pocket. The bills don't have to be large denominations but a big roll is fairly distracting.

They're all just sparklys for a face shot so the more they draw the eye the better.

And I need to watch Pulp Fiction again.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I couldn't help thinking about this video while reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    And I need to watch Pulp Fiction again.
    It's actually hard to follow Vincent's dialogue about his Malibu in this scene because that MASSIVE cash roll is so distracting.

A John Wayne variation (skip to 3:00 for the action)

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

The John Farnam student's shooting incident provides a good example of how compliance won't stop the truly vicious from simply murdering you for the Hell of it.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ed-in-Gunfight

Although he faced multiple opponents, only one engaged him.
    The others rannoft, which seems to be the overwhelmingly popular response to gunfire during predatory criminal acts.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'm also a fan of a money clip..... A $100 on the outside with like $20 of 1's on the inside to give it some girth will probably make the dude look pretty hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post

So, would these be practical for this application?

https://www.amazon.com/Ficheny-140pc...%2C180&sr=8-10

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=key+fob&ref=nb_sb_noss
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List