Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    So…more progress.

I found one of the little LCP airsoft pistols on eBay brand new and bought it so I should have it in hand in a couple of weeks since it’s coming from Japan.
    I've been working with mine, especially trying to sell the draw and make the production of the pistol look as much like not presenting a gun until the last crucial moment as possible while looking at impacts on accuracy. Mostly dry work with some validation on photorealistic targets using actual bb's.

To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of glad to see this specific work behind a paywall rather than out in the open. It's a potent force multiplier for a subset of common street crime...but it's also basically robbery college if applied the other way.

And hopefully that move also helps prevent some vainglorious dumbass from youtube from misappropriating the work so he can make his next luxury car payment.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Very cool! Never even heard of PPU ammo.
    Oh, yeah - I’ve got 500 on hand for my wife’s Beretta 81 (and now 80X w/ .32 ACP conversion barrel).
    I’ve gone through several hundred of them with good results. Any rimlock issues were when loading magazines. If corrected then, never an issue when feeding during firing.

If it’s useful, here’s my chrono data for .32 ACP ammo with a 3.8” barrel:

Hornady 60 gr XTP factory loads
    measured vel: 983 fps 17.34 std dev

PPU 71 gr FMJ factory loads
    measured vel: 866 fps 32.24 std dev

Site Supporter
    Thanks man I appreciate that and that’s good feedback.👍🏽
    FWIW, I’m with Sero…

I took the MUC portion of a class you did in the Denver area about 2 years ago, and didn’t attend the ECQC portion only because my work schedule prevented it. ECQC is very applicable to a particular aspect of my job, and I wouldn’t even know that such training existed if not for Pistol-Forum.
    If you do a class in Denver again in the next few years, I’ll absolutely be there, and will pay for my 18 yr-old son to attend too.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Kel-Tec has some fucking genius level outside the box dreamers who come up with some brilliant creations and then they send the designs to a High School shop class to be produced.
    Very much this !!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Not to be a dick, but of course you get a million more views on YouTube than here. That said, I'm all about not giving away intellectual property. When you get it up and running, please start a thread. There's no way I will remember this six months from now.
    And my memory is worse than Hambo's.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of glad to see this specific work behind a paywall rather than out in the open. It's a potent force multiplier for a subset of common street crime...but it's also basically robbery college if applied the other way.
    Yes…

Add me to the list of people who first heard of Craig through this place, back in the day. At least I *think* that’s where I first came across Shivworks.

But, whatever. Craig, your value in the marketplace is singular; everyone wants you on their podcast or their channel because they want to bring their venue up to the level that your brand is already at. Do the Shivworks subscriber POI with this P32 bit. Build it, and anyone that gives a shit about this stuff will come. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I like where this is going and after perusing the 3 Fonzie's thread I remember what I used to do back when we worked in small 2-3 person teams as opposed to big 10-15 groups now.

We would interview various people while looking for bad guys and as we were looking for help, we couldn't very well handcuff everyone like we used to on Patrol. So as we had to look nice while talking to possibly volatile people I started carrying a pair of LCPs in my front pockets. I could stand there looking casual while having both my hands on guns.

There is a lot more to defensive shooting than draw times and knowing when a fight may be coming so you can be ready and hopefully make pro-active choices is more important.

Dennis.

ps. I still run a timer...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Matt at Clanton Combatives did a few inert P32 trainers for me a while back. He even drilled a hole on them for effect.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

These pocket holsters look super interesting especially for back pocket carry. I have not seen a trigger block feature like this.

Just ordered two.

https://recluseholster.com

User Tag List