Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Site Supporter
    I remain 100% confident that rimlock occurs while the magazine is being loaded. If one is careful to apply pressure on the rounds in the magazine as far back and as uniformly as possible to keep the rims from separating, and to make sure that all cartridges are as far back as possible in the magazine at all times, then a rimlock will not occur. You can hear the cartridges shift as a rimlock occurs when you are loading a magazine.

With that said, reliability is the single non-negotiable characteristic of a defensive handgun. I completely understand being more comfortable without room in the magazine for a rimlock to occur.

On another subject, below is a photo of the tritium channel sight on my first generation P-32. The sight was installed by David Clay, a gunsmith in Texas who unfortunately no longer appears to be in business. The two tritium vials at the back of the slide and the third tritium vials behind the ejection port line up in a typical 3 dot pattern, although the limitations on the material available in a 1st gen. P-32 slide mean that the bottom edge of the center dot lines up with the midpoint of the rear dots. Although sight radius is about 1/3 of the original sight radius, the sight is overall a huge improvement over a factory P-32 sight. Holster compatibility is unaffected. Unfortunately I do not know of anyone currently offering such a sight.

David Clay also removed some material from the left side of the hole in the slide which supports the muzzle, and welded material to the right side of this hole to shift the muzzle slightly left. The result was taking a gun that originally shot several inches to the right at 20-30 feet and making it shoot properly centered horizontally. The gun was refinished with a spray and bake polymer finish over a parkerized base.

Name:  DRC Tritium Channel Sight.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  33.1 KB
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

It seems like the case length on the BB around is fairly short Bill.

I grabbed this from KTOG.

Since OAL has been mentioned, thought this might be helpful:
    These OAL numbers are from various sources [KTOG/MFG Web-Sites/Mousegunner] so in some cases I've got more than one number listed:

S&B FMJ .974/.978
    PPU FMJ .975/.977
    Fiocchi FMJ .965
    PMC Bronze FMJ .956
    Remington FMJ .955

PMC Bronze JHP .919
    Win Silver Tip JHP .910
    Speer Gold Dot JHP .901

One source recommends ammo in excess of .9115 to avoid rimlock
    Mousegunner recommends ammo in excess of .960
    I've seen the P-32 Mag listed as 1.0" and also 1.1" from another source

Quote from: TheKuduKing: “I’ve found that rimrock ceases to be an issue once OAL gets beyond 0.925".

https://www.thektog.org/threads/p32-rimlock.276147/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    It seems like the case length on the BB around is fairly short Bill.

I grabbed this from KTOG.

https://www.thektog.org/threads/p32-rimlock.276147/
    If I recall correctly the Cor-Bon JHP is capable of rimlock in a P-32 magazine, despite being one of the longer JHP cartridges.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I got the P-32. When I got it home I disassembled it to clean any factory goop, and to lubricate it. But I could not get the gun back together because some internal wire blocked the disassembly pin hole and prevented me from putting the pin in place. Here is a picture. If you look at the hole you can see a thin wire in the lower half of it.

Name:  takedown pin hole - Copy.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  78.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I got the P-32. When I got it home I disassembled it to clean any factory goop, and to lubricate it. But I could not get the gun back together because some internal wire blocked the disassembly pin hole and prevented me from putting the pin in place. Here is a picture. If you look at the hole you can see a thin wire in the lower half of it.
    That holds the pin, IIRC correctly. You need to work the pin to push it down.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

That’s a retention spring. Like the rear FCU frame pin on a P365.

Take a tiny flat head screwdriver and push down on it while pushing in the pin.

Alternately you can take a punch and use it as a slave pin while you push the real pin in.

At 7:35 he shows the pin installation.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

The designer of the Ken-tec P-32
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Watching this video makes me want to go buy more KelTecs.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Wow what a great origin and background story.

He's really living the American dream. Seems super family oriented too.

User Tag List