Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by penates View Post
    The Seecamp is a special circumstance. It was designed to use only Winchester Silvertips and the owners manual stated that the Silvertips were the only rounds to be fired.

Per the owners manual:

Attachment 114038
    Since that time other .32 choices have been added to the recommended ammo. The website currently lists four different JHP choices, one each from Winchester, PMC, Federal, and Speer.

https://seecamp.com/ammo-recommendations/
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Looks like Federal is releasing a new .32acp loading in their hydra-shok deep line. 68gr at 1000 out of 4 inches. Just so y’all know.

Interesting. If this proves able to reach 12" of gel consistently, with a little bit of expansion, it will be a winner.

That is kind of out of the blue! Wonder if it portends another forthcoming .32 platform?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Looks like Federal is releasing a new .32acp loading in their hydra-shok deep line. 68gr at 1000 out of 4 inches. Just so y’all know.

Interesting…
    I’d settled on Hornady 60 gr XTP for my wife’s Beretta 81 and 80X .32 conversion.
    Been seeing very similar velocities to the above, but with a 60 gr projectile.

3.9” bbl measured vel: 983 fps 17.34 std dev
    4.5” bbl measured vel: 1055 fps 23.03 std dev

But I’d be interested to see “real” calibrated gel testing with the Hydra-Shok Deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    That is kind of out of the blue! Wonder if it portends another forthcoming .32 platform?
    Nah, the Federal brass probably just read this thread and bought P32s like everyone else.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Hornady 60 gr XTP SNIP

But I’d be interested to see “real” calibrated gel testing with the Hydra-Shok Deep.
    FWIW, I never saw much expansion from the 60gr Hornady ammo fired from my old P-32's. The longer barrels might get you there, but I never trusted it. Fiocchi did load that bullet a litte hotter than Hornady, and I think they would sometimes expand from a P-32.

I'd also be interested in seeing real gel tests. If it's like other "Deep" calibers, they'll give up expansion diameter for deeper penetration, which is okay for these cases, IMHO.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    FWIW, I never saw much expansion from the 60gr Hornady ammo fired from my old P-32's. The longer barrels might get you there, but I never trusted it. Fiocchi did load that bullet a litte hotter than Hornady, and I think they would sometimes expand from a P-32.

I'd also be interested in seeing real gel tests. If it's like other "Deep" calibers, they'll give up expansion diameter for deeper penetration, which is okay for these cases, IMHO.
    Oh, I’m not surprised… I liked the velocity, the reported penetration of the XTP in Lucky Gunner’s tests, and the slight potential for expansion is just a bonus.
    One thing that would make the Hydra-Shok Deep appealing is just the existence of FBI-type gel testing (assuming they do it and publish it).

As much as I'm a gear nerd, I truly love discussions on "behavioral technique" and the art of deception as part of an overall self-defense strategy.

I too am interested in the paid streaming content!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Just found this thread, today. I should pay more attention!
    Me too (well, a week later)!

I've had a p32 since about when they first came out, and so far the best part about this thread is finding out you can get a gotdang laser for it!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Personally, I am totally uninterested in calibrated gel testing with .32 ACP ammo. I see my Seecamp pistols as nasal cavity and under-the-jawline guns. “Patterned Compliance” is something that I am most likely to be doing at the distance at which I am handing someone my wallet and mobile phone. I want to know how a .32 ACP bullet does when it meets bone. Of course, part of this equation is that I am VERY unlikely to want to use a sight-less pistol at much farther than contact distance, anyway. (I used to qual with my Seecamps at two, five, and seven yards, IIRC, and would not miss the humanoid portion of a B-27, but when the admins started requiring that back-up guns be shot at 15 yards, I stopped bothering to qual with sightless weapons. Like a good boy, I put my Seecamp away, except for some very unusual, special circumstances, until I retired.)

I remember a .25 ACP load with an all-brass, very deep hollow-point bullet, which was designed NOT to expand, but to bite into bone. Seecamp LWS-25 owners seemed to be a significant part of the target audience, because this was EXPENSIVE ammo, loaded by a boutique loader, not something that a typical Raven owner would buy. This was when .25 ACP had a reputation for glancing-off of skulls. Somewhere along the way, BATFE cried foul, on solid brass bullets, and the load was changed to all-copper bullets, before the manufacturer disappeared.

Edited to add: Actually, if I remember correctly, I kept all of my Seecamp shots well within the scoring rings of a B-27, out to seven yards. Horizontal dispersion was quite minimal, with vertical stringing being a bit of a problem, but still what I considered acceptable.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List