Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I think that’s fair. My impression is that with the DA trigger it’ll be slow enough splits that if backing up or trying to do more aimed shots the other hand might be able to be pulled in.

I’ll do a couple different drills.

Look good for baseline equipment?

Attachment 113023
    That looks great!

I don't think you would have an issue transitioning from one to two handed safely but for the average person that's a high order skill.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I need to get that iteration of LCP and test it with this project P32.
    I got an LCP Custom earlier this year, after reading here on PF that it will take Glock fronts – it does indeed. My preferred Ameriglo took a little judicious filing of the tenon, but after 45 minutes and two beers, I got that screw snug and loc-tited. It has held firm through several range sessions since. The wee blaster is reliable (as is my LCP-II), and I don't find LCPs difficult to shoot well within 15 yards or so.

Could a LCP II 22 be a choice for this? I have over 700 trouble free rounds through mine with Mini Mags since I installed the Galloway spring kit. Follow up shots are pretty easy with 22 LR. Federal Punch would be a good ammo choice with proper vetting. Mine shoots to the sights out to 40 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Could a LCP II 22 be a choice for this? I have over 700 trouble free rounds through mine with Mini Mags since I installed the Galloway spring kit. Follow up shots are pretty easy with 22 LR. Federal Punch would be a good ammo choice with proper vetting. Mine shoots to the sights out to 40 yards.
    As long as you can comfortably carry it in your pocket I don’t see why not.

For those curious, I just weighed the LCP custom loaded with 7 rounds of 99-gr Hydra-Shok Deep: 12 ounces.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    For those curious, I just weighed the LCP custom loaded with 7 rounds of 99-gr Hydra-Shok Deep: 12 ounces.
    8 rounds of Fiocchi FMJ.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Sample size of one, but my LCP22 has never managed to fire 5 consecutive rounds of Punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Sample size of one, but my LCP22 has never managed to fire 5 consecutive rounds of Punch.
    I was really down on mine before I put the spring kit in it. It wouldn't fire Punch and several others with any reliability. After the kit I still wasn't fond of it but I would shoot it from time to time. I documented the number and type of rounds. One day I looked and discovered that I had several hundred trouble free rounds. Since the spring kit, I have fired 760 rounds, mostly Mini Mag. I had one light hit with bulk Federal and one with Stinger, which I wondered about a dirty chamber and the longer case preventing full chambering. Also, I think the chamber needs to be kept clean in 22 LR for good function. After cleaning the pistol, I spray it down with Hornady One Shot lube and add no other lube.

LCP II 22 loaded with 11 rounds of Mini Mag: 12.2 oz. An A-Holster adds 1.2 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    You know what man...you're right.

@JCN how bout this?

4.5 feet on a two inch dot. Dot simulating an eyeball or the tip of the nose. Start with your hand on the gun in your back pocket. 4 rounds from the beep one handed.

Not really interested in the draw time as that's not how the trick works anyway. A draw is just a place to start from.

Can you do a few runs of that between the LCP and the P32?
    Here’s what I did for you (I’m a gamer, so bear with me)

Name:  IMG_0323.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  82.5 KB

My impression: both are viable.

LCP was about 10% wider spread and that’ll come into play at farther distances.

Both were about the same speed of splitting (0.24-0.29) and the time to pull the DA trigger dampens the recoil difference quite a bit.

Nerd alert:

Here was my process

Empty guns with flush magazines

Name:  IMG_0326.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  87.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_0327.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  79.9 KB

I first did full recoil control freestyle doubles.
    Then full recoil control SHO.

To get mechanical baseline.

Both guns shot at around 0.25-29 splits.
    As expected the LCP had more movement in the gun and that required more grip tension and I had to work harder and the groups were a little less consistent.

Then went to the drill and the findings were consistent with the component parts.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

I’ll do a couple different drills.

Look good for baseline equipment?
    I freakin’ love this guy.

Carry on…
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List