Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    @JCN

What are your thoughts on the Armalaser? I may have heard the name whispered sonewhere, but always thought Crimson Trace was the only name above hobby grade lasers.
    I have had a number of Crimson Trace lasers that were complete dogshit too though.

I like this Armalaser. It came on the gun when I bought it used and I think it serves a purpose for off angle shots and places where you can’t get your head behind the sights. I’m not a fan of lasers in general but this one seems good for minute of A zone to 15 yards or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Great thread, but I don't think I'd be comfortable with an exposed trigger holster in a pocket gun.
    But I might have a lot to learn.

Duces
    I'd feel comfortable with a High Standard derringer. Mine felt like a 22# trigger. Both barrels did not shoot to the same point of aim.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    In the early 90's I had a Seacamp 32 I carried for several years in a wallet style holster. I worked in a very strict NPE. I lost confidence in the gun (no sights and not 100% reliability), the cartridge, and most importantly my abilty to deploy it because acquiring the grip was so difficult and overcoming the way the wallet holster shielded one side of the grip made it even more difficult. Covert of not, sometimes taking 3 seconds to get a decent firing grip AND get on target convinced me I was not going to get there for its intended use case.
    Man, I feel the exact same way, only with front pocket holster carry. Otherwise, what you said.

If I can’t manage something close to a G42, I’ll probably just stick (no pun intended) with a clinch pick. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    In the early 90's I had a Seacamp 32 I carried for several years in a wallet style holster. I worked in a very strict NPE. I lost confidence in the gun (no sights and not 100% reliability), the cartridge, and most importantly my abilty to deploy it because acquiring the grip was so difficult and overcoming the way the wallet holster shielded one side of the grip made it even more difficult. Covert of not, sometimes taking 3 seconds to get a decent firing grip AND get on target convinced me I was not going to get there for its intended use case.

Acquiring a good, solid firing grip with this holster/setup is quite easy and repeatable from the rear pocket.
    Name:  Image.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  69.3 KB
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Acquiring a good, solid firing grip with this holster/setup is quite easy and repeatable from the rear pocket.
    Name:  Image.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  69.3 KB
    Palm in or out?

I guess my concern with putting in the work to add this tool to the toolbox would be retention. Everything is a trade-off but I'm lot more comfortable with my tools where I know how to keep ahold of them. Those tools would be mostly useless in this specific scenario, but areas where this specific scenario might occur would also seem to be areas where retention would be more important as well.

Maybe @BehindBlueI's could chime in with how often this scenario comes up in his records? I guess that would be hard to quantify exactly but I'd still be curious.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    I guess my concern with putting in the work to add this tool to the toolbox would be retention. Everything is a trade-off but I'm lot more comfortable with my tools where I know how to keep ahold of them. Those tools would be mostly useless in this specific scenario, but areas where this specific scenario might occur would also seem to be areas where retention would be more important as well.

Maybe @BehindBlueI's could chime in with how often this scenario comes up in his records? I guess that would be hard to quantify exactly but I'd still be curious.
    Just so I’m clear are you talking about someone coming up behind you and taking the gun out of your back pocket? Or retaining the gun in hand?

People have mentioned the Seecamp .32. Sadly, I've never had luck with this gun. I've never had a Seecamp that either came from the factory that worked OR lasted more than 200 rounds without breaking.

I bought my first Seecamp .32 in the early 1990s at an out of the way Dallas gun store that has long since closed down. It was $380 at a time when these guns were selling for something like $800+ on the open market, and the company had at least a year waiting list on orders. I put about 200 rounds of Silvertip through the gun and it worked. So when I found a second Seecamp at the same store for the same price I bought it. But when I took it shooting it did not work. I sent it back to the factory for repair and at took 8 months of faxes and letters and certified letters to the factory to get it repaired. I got it back and it worked.

A few years later I was firing the original Seecamp and it broke. I doubt the gun had more than 400 rounds through it. Sent it back to the factory for repair and went through the same thing. Finally after 10 months the factory called me back and told me that they could not fix it because they changed their machinery so they would send me a replacement. I accepted their offer, testfired it for 200 rounds, and called it good. I later wound up selling the older one, while the newer one languished in the safe. In 2013 I took it shooting and it broke within a box of ammo. Sent it back and it took forever to get repaired. It now resides somewhere in my safe. I am not really sure why I still have it, but I am afraid to test fire it for fear it may break.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Just so I’m clear are you talking about someone coming up behind you and taking the gun out of your back pocket? Or retaining the gun in hand?
    A pickpocket would be a concern, but getting entangled with multiple people would be my big concern. I'm not sure that retaining the gun in my hand would be a concern for the intended usage.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Palm in or out?
    Palm in.
    Slide the fingers in the pocket pressing outward until they reach pistol grip. Aquire a solid grip and simply lift. The holster remains in the pocket. It’s not a speed draw, more like the action of retrieving your wallet.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

User Tag List