Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    This type of pistol's utility is based in its small size. But the things that make it useful to us also makes it hard to shoot well. There's very little to hold on to, so it's hard to land a consistent grip. Especially being presented from a pocket, cold, with minimal warning that you're going to have to play for blood. Slight variations in how you get hold of the pistol can make massive differences in where the muzzle ends up aimed without you having any real way of knowing outside some sort of useful sighting reference.

At conversational distance something like using the back of the slide centered in the head can certainly work...but it's also easy to have the muzzle elevated, depressed, or off to either side without being able to easily see that. This is one of the reasons why being able to work with an airsoft replica or a blue gun will be highly valuable, as you can figure out what you tend to do wrong and burn in some good practices. The shooting part of this isn't the most important part by any stretch, but it's still going to take some work to get it down pat.

This is one of those things where you are going to have to be very deliberate. It's tough to be deliberate when someone is sticking a gun in your face.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    What kind of foam did you use?
    Sheet craft foam from Micheal's or similar place.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'm not the expert with shitheads that Craig is...but I'd be hesitant to use fake bills in a money clip I'm handing over.

Bad guys know what cash feels like. They'll likely be able to feel a fake bill PDQ. If they spot it as a fake, you've just triggered an entirely different part of their brain ranging from becoming highly wary to highly angry. You've never seen indignation like a thief who has been robbed. It could very well escalate to violence immediately.

I'd rather take the risk of losing a couple hundred bucks of real cash in a money clip.

After all, if I hand a dude a money clip and he turns and immediately runs off then that's a hell of a lot better than the investigation I'm going to be put through if I hand the dude a round from my LCP in his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Not sure as I don't have that stuff to look at but possibly viable.
    A friend of mine used the movie cash in a sales presentation. From the audience view 10’ away it looked like he stacked $100k on the podium. Up close it still looked good, but as noted the paper feels wrong. I’d stick with a couple of 20s on top of some $1s. Added bonus of being useful for tips, coffee, etc.

Alternate Force sells blueguns for around 56.00 plus shipping. Closed for the holidays so I can't get a shipping quote. They have P3ATs, LCPs and LCP2s, J-frames, LCRs, Kahr P380 and PM9s, plus more.

https://www.alternateforce.net/searc...teforce.net%2F

Site Supporter
    How is the +1 noisier?
    The ammunition in the magazine rattles more.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The ammunition in the magazine rattles more.
    It doesn’t appear any of the extensions are available anymore.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Site Supporter
    It doesn’t appear any of the extensions are available anymore.
    This is disappointing. Fortunately it appears that Pearce Grips makes a similar extension. They appear to be designed primarily for .380 pistols but are described as also fitting the P-32.

I do not find the extensions necessary with a P-32 but my wife finds them helpful. I do find they help a great deal with the P3AT, which will squirm in my hand enough to seriously mess up followup shots without them.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    This is disappointing. Fortunately it appears that Pearce Grips makes a similar extension. They appear to be designed primarily for .380 pistols but are described as also fitting the P-32.

I do not find the extensions necessary with a P-32 but my wife finds them helpful. I do find they help a great deal with the P3AT, which will squirm in my hand enough to seriously mess up followup shots without them.
    This is a modified Garrison Grip Extension. It accommodates a full three finger grip which intern produces better sight alignment upon presentation;
    Name:  IMG_3936.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  34.7 KB Name:  IMG_3937.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  33.1 KB

This is a modified Garrison Grip Extension. It accommodates a full three finger grip which intern produces better sight alignment upon presentation;
    Name:  IMG_3936.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  34.7 KB Name:  IMG_3937.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  33.1 KB
    Just too add and clarify;
    This +0 grip extension accommodates a full three finger grip which is way too long for the P-32. I modified it by cutting it down to just a full two finger grip.

@SouthNarc Craig, I gotta ask -- what shortcomings do you see in a snag-free J-frame or equivalent snub .38 revolver in this role?

User Tag List