Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Glad to see that an alternative to Crimson Trace exists.

I would not expect to be able to use a P-32 or P-3AT effectively while wearing gloves with our without this laser, so the answer to this question may be moot, but I am curious about whether the activation method works while wearing gloves.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

I would not expect to be able to use a P-32 or P-3AT effectively while wearing gloves with our without this laser, so the answer to this question may be moot, but I am curious about whether the activation method works while wearing gloves.
    You have to bridge the split contact so the answer is… how creative are you?

A small piece of foil tape or appropriate metallic thread on the glove would allow it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

Take the gloves off as part of your patterned compliance?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Bingo.

For me, it's about figuring out the mechanics of the kinetic part of the equation.

The shooting part is not the most important part of all this by any means, but it is not unimportant either. It's going to take some deliberate effort to develop all the skillsets involved in this strategy. If you have a very high level of skill with a pistol you probably don't need a ton of live fire, but you will need some because it's a gun you don't have thousands of reps with used in a way you probably haven't been training.
    Regarding mechanics, having usable sights like the IA upgrade or the LCP custom can add versatility.

I used a B29 reduced scale target at 30 feet to run The Test (10-10-10) which scales to a B27 at 30 yards.

Old school PCP could be done with the CZ45. It even has the desired buttheel
    release.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I just don't see a high probability of opportunity or success with more than one dude. If one dude is acting as a lookout and his attention is not on you, sure. If both are eyeballing you, everything would have to line up perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Any thoughts on this type of holster?

https://www.desantisholster.com/pocket-shot/
    Not the same type, but I carried a .22 high standard derringer in a similar concept holster in my back pocket. Obviously, the derringer didn't eject or have a slide cycling.

Mine was tan and a little better made. It worked at spitting distance at the range, never had the need to do it for real. Wish I still had it.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

In the early 90's I had a Seacamp 32 I carried for several years in a wallet style holster. I worked in a very strict NPE. I lost confidence in the gun (no sights and not 100% reliability), the cartridge, and most importantly my abilty to deploy it because acquiring the grip was so difficult and overcoming the way the wallet holster shielded one side of the grip made it even more difficult. Covert of not, sometimes taking 3 seconds to get a decent firing grip AND get on target convinced me I was not going to get there for its intended use case.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    Not the same type, but I carried a .22 high standard derringer in a similar concept holster in my back pocket. Obviously, the derringer didn't eject or have a slide cycling.

Mine was tan and a little better made. It worked at spitting distance at the range, never had the need to do it for real. Wish I still had it.
    I've long wanted one of those derringers to experiment with. "Two for sure" without cocking, a .22 magnum flash-bangs, and toss it to the next guy "Catch!" as you go for your primary.
    "And a little something extra"

Great thread, but I don't think I'd be comfortable with an exposed trigger holster in a pocket gun.
    But I might have a lot to learn.

Duces
    A peaceful man is capable of great violence, but he keeps it under control. If a man is not capable of violence, he is not peaceful. He is just harmless. (Jordan Peterson)

@JCN

What are your thoughts on the Armalaser? I may have heard the name whispered sonewhere, but always thought Crimson Trace was the only name above hobby grade lasers.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List