Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Actually it’s in the full video, sorry. Watch from 8:00-9:10-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Actually it’s in the full video, sorry. Watch from 8:00-9:10-ish.

Thank you.

Turning around to show you don't have a gun and drawing it was something I had given some thought to; not in the sense of that particular move but in the sense of moving to present one "set of facts" while concealing another.

There's an old video (that I haven't been able to find, maybe it's on instagram?) where Ed Calderon (or someone working with him) is wearing only a t-shirt and pants, told to move in such a manner (by someone behind the camera -play acting as an officer stopping a bad guy) as to show he isn't carrying and palms the gun in his waistband while lifting up his t-shirt and showing he is unarmed, turns around (showing no gun behind his hips) and as he finishes the turn, he "shoots" the camera man; or at least something close to that as this was a while back and I may remember wrong.

During an NTI scenario (where I was being robbed at gunpoint), I opened up the left side of my vest very wide and forward (where the interior pocket with my wallet was) and told the role player to please not shoot me and take my wallet, I was also stepping forward with my left foot angling my right to the rear with my right hand slowly going for my sim gun at my 2 o'clock. He didn't take the bait or even punch out the gun towards my face (where I hoped I might have a chance at a disarm), he just kept it tight in a retention position. I just gave him my monopoly money and he left. This scenario left me with a lot to think about, and I obviously still think about that subject :-)

I really appreciate that you take the time to share all this with us, it gets me thinking and that's the best part.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Thank you.

Turning around to show you don't have a gun and drawing it was something I had given some thought to; not in the sense of that particular move but in the sense of moving to present one "set of facts" while concealing another.

There's an old video (that I haven't been able to find, maybe it's on instagram?) where Ed Calderon (or someone working with him) is wearing only a t-shirt and pants, told to move in such a manner (by someone behind the camera -play acting as an officer stopping a bad guy) as to show he isn't carrying and palms the gun in his waistband while lifting up his t-shirt and showing he is unarmed, turns around (showing no gun behind his hips) and as he finishes the turn, he "shoots" the camera man; or at least something close to that as this was a while back and I may remember wrong.

During an NTI scenario (where I was being robbed at gunpoint), I opened up the left side of my vest very wide and forward (where the interior pocket with my wallet was) and told the role player to please not shoot me and take my wallet, I was also stepping forward with my left foot angling my right to the rear with my right hand slowly going for my sim gun at my 2 o'clock. He didn't take the bait or even punch out the gun towards my face (where I hoped I might have a chance at a disarm), he just kept it tight in a retention position. I just gave him my monopoly money and he left. This scenario left me with a lot to think about, and I obviously still think about that subject :-)

I really appreciate that you take the time to share all this with us, it gets me thinking and that's the best part.
    I saw it on Calderone's old IG account around 2017.
    The first time you see it is like a magic trick, a very dismaying one.
    Plus there's this classic

FYI: In a recent email exchange with a KelTec representative, I was informed they have increased production of the P-32 due to increased demand.

I've already seen a couple places that have them back in stock but they do go quickly.

Happy hunting.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

There are 3 lightly used P32s on Gunbroker if anyone is looking.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    FYI: In a recent email exchange with a KelTec representative, I was informed they have increased production of the P-32 due to increased demand.
    Makes sense. There are a lot of small .380s to choose from besides the 3AT, but nobody else is making a WTP .32.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

For those wanting a PCP Vizard's Guns & Ammo is showing 57 Kel-Tec P-32's in stock.

https://vizardsgunsandammo.com/kel-t...eid=9d52b5ce4e

Mr. Douglas....any commentary on the Recluse holsters yet......look very well made and considering ordering...waiting for an opinion on the two designs......thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Face Gremlin View Post
    Mr. Douglas....any commentary on the Recluse holsters yet......look very well made and considering ordering...waiting for an opinion on the two designs......thanks.
    Of the two right now I think I like the double sided one a little better. There's not a huge difference between them but the two sided seems a bit more comfortable. I've just been wearing them I haven't done any live fire testing of them side by side to see if one offers a bit more grip purchase than the other.

They are both extremely well made and I don't think you could go wrong with one over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Of the two right now I think I like the double sided one a little better. There's not a huge difference between them but the two sided seems a bit more comfortable. I've just been wearing them I haven't done any live fire testing of them side by side to see if one offers a bit more grip purchase than the other.

They are both extremely well made and I don't think you could go wrong with one over the other.
    What about dry fire testing?

How is the accessibility as far as acquiring a solid grip consistently within the PCP context?

User Tag List