Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Which LCP is that in the photo?
    I'm not JCN but that's known as the LCP Custom...

https://ruger.com/products/lcp/specSheets/3755.html

Man thanks for facilitating that I really appreciate the intro to her, and the IW sights really add an entirely higher level of capability to the P32.

Which LCP is that in the photo?
    You’re welcome!

@GearFondler nailed it. It used to be called the “LCP Custom” and the sights are very similar to the Innovative Arms one.

Name:  IMG_0321.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  33.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    You’re welcome!

@GearFondler nailed it. It used to be called the “LCP Custom” and the sights are very similar to the Innovative Arms one.

I need to get that iteration of LCP and test it with this project P32.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Add me to the list of people who first heard of Craig through this place, back in the day. At least I *think* that’s where I first came across Shivworks.

But, whatever. Craig, your value in the marketplace is singular; everyone wants you on their podcast or their channel because they want to bring their venue up to the level that your brand is already at. Do the Shivworks subscriber POI with this P32 bit. Build it, and anyone that gives a shit about this stuff will come. JMO.
    This is definitely where I first heard about Craig and Shivworks. I have yet to take a class with him, but have taken one with Cecil.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    A few counterpoints, at the risk of speaking for Craig...
    Handgun Hero is an amazing site but you have to avoid only comparing the side silhouette's as this provides only part of the story... Width and weight are just as important to get the full picture.
    For instance, people like to look at the G42 vs G43 and claim that based on the HH site the two guns are basically the same size. Wrong!
    The G43 is substantially thicker and heavier which makes a big difference in a pocket for those of us who aren't especially large folk. It's literally the difference between "Apparently there's a brick in my pocket that I can hardly even draw" and "Somethings there but it might be a phone and I can actually draw it". Specs that don't matter in a belt holster matter immensely in a pocket.
    The LCP might look on paper to be barely larger than the P32 but it is thicker and heavier. That won't matter if you're pocket carrying in your Duluth/Carhartt/Dickies pants or probably even jeans, but it does matter when the clothes become much less forgiving. In a thin pair of dress slacks or perhaps some shorts made with seersucker for a casual day along the beach the size and weight difference will matter... Like the difference between causing an attention grabbing sag or even being visible or not at the pocket's mouth. The P32 is so damn small it will even ride in the shirt pocket of most uniforms. I'm pretty sure Craig is envisioning this PCP concept as potentially a piece of gear you wear all the time, regardless of your size or dress code, and as such going the smallest, lightest route possible makes the most sense. If one has to start dressing around the PCP the concept looses some of it's utility.
    The P32 is noticeably smaller and lighter than the LCP when held in the hand. I've held a few at gun shows and thought they were quite a bit lighter and smaller than the HH site would indicate. If it is close the call may be made to go with the P32. For me it is a no brainer. I carried a Kahr P380 in swim trunks at the beach with a trigger guard holster and no sag with drawstring as the support. I don't own jeans or heavy cloth pants as I travel a lot so I only have 4 way stretch travel/hiking pants (Union bay) I carry mostly in an Enigma a 365X/XL series but have carried pocket, vest and wallet the Kahrs and LCPs. Those guns just are so easy to carry and are a joy for summer or deep carry. The end user has to weigh (literally) the pros and cons of what they are going to carry, train with and use. I'm always open to new guns and ideas around their use but I will stick with the 380s for now. Your situation may dictate a different choice especially if you already have a P32 or support gear for one.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    A few counterpoints, at the risk of speaking for Craig...
    Handgun Hero is an amazing site but you have to avoid only comparing the side silhouette's as this provides only part of the story... Width and weight are just as important to get the full picture.
    For instance, people like to look at the G42 vs G43 and claim that based on the HH site the two guns are basically the same size. Wrong!
    The G43 is substantially thicker and heavier which makes a big difference in a pocket for those of us who aren't especially large folk. It's literally the difference between "Apparently there's a brick in my pocket that I can hardly even draw" and "Somethings there but it might be a phone and I can actually draw it". Specs that don't matter in a belt holster matter immensely in a pocket.
    The LCP might look on paper to be barely larger than the P32 but it is thicker and heavier. That won't matter if you're pocket carrying in your Duluth/Carhartt/Dickies pants or probably even jeans, but it does matter when the clothes become much less forgiving. In a thin pair of dress slacks or perhaps some shorts made with seersucker for a casual day along the beach the size and weight difference will matter... Like the difference between causing an attention grabbing sag or even being visible or not at the pocket's mouth. The P32 is so damn small it will even ride in the shirt pocket of most uniforms. I'm pretty sure Craig is envisioning this PCP concept as potentially a piece of gear you wear all the time, regardless of your size or dress code, and as such going the smallest, lightest route possible makes the most sense. If one has to start dressing around the PCP the concept looses some of it's utility.
    I carried a P3AT in my uniform shirt pocket using the pocket clip for a couple of years after an incident that occurred while I was buckled into the driver's seat.
    I wanted the P32 but the only .32 ammo we were authorized was the Silvertip and they simply wouldn't feed in my P32.
    It was unnoticeable, with only the black clp exposed against the Navy blue shirt.

You’re welcome!

JCN do you have any comparative data points between those two right now for info in this thread?

JCN do you have any comparative data points between those two right now for info in this thread?
    I can do any testing that would be helpful to you.

Weights, weights loaded, shooting test metrics, video, etc.

Just let me know what you’d like to see and I can run them back to back on video.

I have ability to chrono, dB meter, fake gelatin, etc.

I can do any testing that would be helpful to you.

Weights, weights loaded, shooting test metrics, video, etc.

Just let me know what you’d like to see and I can run them back to back on video.

I have ability to chrono, dB meter, fake gelatin, etc.
    Very cool.

I don't think for the primary application that PCP intends to fill, those metrics are super important. That being said I am interested in those metrics just from a gear without context stand-point.

I'm interested in your usual JCN pure shooting comparison perspective really.

Very cool.

I don't think for the primary application that PCP intends to fill, those metrics are super important. That being said I am interested in those metrics just from a gear without context stand-point.

I'm interested in your usual JCN pure shooting comparison perspective really.
    Speaking only for myself, I think this might be a case where measuring split times is actually a useful metric for comparison.
    I certainly recognize that if the PCP is deployed correctly we should be looking at some 30-ish cal hole through the melon which typically stops the music, however, various "shit-happens" may require additional shots.
    By it's very nature the PCP is going to be fired one-handed and I for one find the LCP challenging to repeatedly fire quickly and accurately single handed. But I kind of suck so I'm not a good barometer.
    I'd be very interested to see how JCN fares, particularly in a comparison between the .380 and .32, as I can't help but believe the P32 will prove to be a lot more "shootable" if you will.

User Tag List