Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Site Supporter
    Not shooting related, but I’ve played with turning on the phone screen while handing it over as an additional distraction if it’s dark out. Bright shiny screens can be distracting.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 12-28-2023 at 05:03 PM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    This whole thread makes me want, what, my 4th Seecamp?

Of course, the sight issue would be as big an annoyance as with Seecamps 1, 2, and 3.
    You made my day...I've only had 2.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Depending on how this holster works out I thought about getting them to maybe incorporate a short flap over the top to manage that issue.
    A handkerchief will solve that problem. This one is a cotton silk blend that’s very slick and makes sliding your hand in the pocket very easy.
    Name:  IMG_3930.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  92.4 KB Name:  IMG_3931.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  70.6 KB
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post

This thread is costing me money. Found a lightly used P32 at local Store. Dug out my .32 ACP and am back at it. Man, I tell ya we really need more little .32s like this. Recoil is so mild, these things are fun to shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You made my day...I've only had 2.
    Well, thanks to this goddam thread—and my *absolute* trust in Craig’s methodology—I’m now the proud owner of the used LCP custom (the one with the sights and red trigger) that I saw in my friendly LGS at some point before the holidays.

Nothing against the P32… it’s just that I’ve already got 1k+ rounds of .380 ball and a couple hundred rounds of underwood’s 90gr XTP loading laying around for G42 use. I don’t really want to stock any more .32 acp.

Plus, the LCP custom was right there in hand. An LCP in a patterned compliant hand beats a P32 in the bush, or some shit like that.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

JCN, that’s some good mojo! The more they have to process the better.

Would like to see some more bladed / surreptitious draws, draws or deployments from behind hats, magazines, newspapers, folded jackets, etc. Can’t wait for the site and content. Again, for the vast majority of us I think this is the essence.

How is that curve accuracy, reliability, recoil wise? Is it blowback or browning type?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Not shooting related, but I’ve played with turning on the phone screen while handing it over as an additional distraction if it’s dark out. Bright shiny screens can be distracting.
    Especially if the screen shows something interesting. Like a picture of a scantily clad woman.

I'm also a fan of a money clip. The bad guy is looking for a payday. He's concerned about the haul. If you hand him something that's immediately visible as profit right off the bat, it's highly likely to draw his attention. His attention fixed where you want it when you want it there only helps you in this endeavor. A $100 on the outside with like $20 of 1's on the inside to give it some girth will probably make the dude look pretty hard.

The key seems to be at least two hand-overs of something he's expecting to habituate him to expecting you to produce payday. My thinking is that I want the wallet still on the table after those two hand-overs because it makes sense for me to reach for a wallet. If dude gets money clip, phone...well, I probably have a wallet so he's expecting that. Only he gets LCP instead. Thing 2 being an unexpected bonus (money clip) draws his attention away from what exactly I'm doing longer at the crucial moment.

Hell, some bad guys might start thumbing through the money clip right then and there to see what it is...

Thanks, asshole!

This is just my thinking, nothing I've bounced off of Craig directly but I'd imagine it's in line with his thinking on the matter.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 12-28-2023 at 08:23 PM.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    20 years ago I'd be really interested in the Taurus View, way to much recoil for my hands now, though I'm still curious how it will work for you.

I'd be interested in seeing how 22 &/or 32 Jframe/LCR performed for you on same shooting drill.

I had P32 for years but one handed shooting with it was just to problematic, no matter what I did with single hand grip it would shift under recoil, a 38 Jframe was easier to shoot well even with heavier recoil one handed because I had enough grip for my hand to actually hang on to.
    The best way ai have found to make these pistols more controllable is with +0 finger extensions on the magazines. Kel-Tec also makes a +1 extension. I have tried both, and find the +1 to be noisier and the +0 to provide the greatest increase in controllability.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

This thread feels a bit like old-school P-F. I like it.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Especially if the screen shows something interesting. Like a picture of a scantily clad woman.

I'm also a fan of a money clip. The bad guy is looking for a payday. He's concerned about the haul. If you hand him something that's immediately visible as profit right off the bat, it's highly likely to draw his attention. His attention fixed where you want it when you want it there only helps you in this endeavor. A $100 on the outside with like $20 of 1's on the inside to give it some girth will probably make the dude look pretty hard.

The key seems to be at least two hand-overs of something he's expecting to habituate him to expecting you to produce payday. My thinking is that I want the wallet still on the table after those two hand-overs because it makes sense for me to reach for a wallet. If dude gets money clip, phone...well, I probably have a wallet so he's expecting that. Only he gets LCP instead. Thing 2 being an unexpected bonus (money clip) draws his attention away from what exactly I'm doing longer at the crucial moment.

Hell, some bad guys might start thumbing through the money clip right then and there to see what it is...

Thanks, asshole!

This is just my thinking, nothing I've bounced off of Craig directly but I'd imagine it's in line with his thinking on the matter.
    This is what I am doing. Always some cash in my shirt pocket. Nothing says compliance like some raw cash to start things off and you are right, it's also a great distraction for everything else that's coming. I also have a set of keys that go to nothing and a false wallet with some more cash but nothing else of value, sometimes even a junk cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The best way ai have found to make these pistols more controllable is with +0 finger extensions on the magazines. Kel-Tec also makes a +1 extension. I have tried both, and find the +1 to be noisier and the +0 to provide the greatest increase in controllability.
    Best P32 +0 is the one for a factory one for NAA 32. IIRC, it also their NAA .380 on also works on an LCP.

User Tag List