Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I'm not the expert with shitheads that Craig is...but I'd be hesitant to use fake bills in a money clip I'm handing over.

Bad guys know what cash feels like. They'll likely be able to feel a fake bill PDQ. If they spot it as a fake, you've just triggered an entirely different part of their brain ranging from becoming highly wary to highly angry. You've never seen indignation like a thief who has been robbed. It could very well escalate to violence immediately.

I'd rather take the risk of losing a couple hundred bucks of real cash in a money clip.

After all, if I hand a dude a money clip and he turns and immediately runs off then that's a hell of a lot better than the investigation I'm going to be put through if I hand the dude a round from my LCP in his face.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Not sure as I don't have that stuff to look at but possibly viable.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Upgrades are Innovative Weaponry sights, polished barrel and feed ramp, Wolff 11 lb recoil springs and proper lubing. I'm running recommended Fiocchi 73 gr. ball ammo.
    The sights look very nice. I think I will wait until I have fired some rounds through the gun before I would do something like that because if there is a problem that requires the gun be sent back to the factory, Keltec might chose to replace the slide or the gun so then any money on modifications would be lost. I am definitely getting the 11 lb recoil spring, going by Bill's experience. As far as the polishing of the barrel and the feedramp, I don't know how to do that, nor do I know anyone who I would trust to do it.

This is amazingly well thought out. Everything from the specific gun for this task to the rear pocket carry integrate with a specific methodology, strategy and tactics. It is the specific and unique usage that makes the Keltec P-32 specifically suited. I carry either a .38 J-frame or a Kahr PM-9 in my front pocket. I can see the advantage of reaching for a back pocket in the scenario described which is the typical street holdup.

I am definitely going to subscribe to the streaming service and buy this course online when it becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    The sights look very nice. I think I will wait until I have fired some rounds through the gun before I would do something like that because if there is a problem that requires the gun be sent back to the factory, Keltec might chose to replace the slide or the gun so then any money on modifications would be lost. I am definitely getting the 11 lb recoil spring, going by Bill's experience. As far as the polishing of the barrel and the feedramp, I don't know how to do that, nor do I know anyone who I would trust to do it.

This is amazingly well thought out. Everything from the specific gun for this task to the rear pocket carry integrate with a specific methodology, strategy and tactics. It is the specific and unique usage that makes the Keltec P-32 specifically suited. I carry either a .38 J-frame or a Kahr PM-9 in my front pocket. I can see the advantage of reaching for a back pocket in the scenario described which is the typical street holdup.

I am definitely going to subscribe to the streaming service and buy this course online when it becomes available.
    Thanks buddy I'm glad it appeals to you.

IW did the polishing of the feed ramp and barrel when they did the sights.

The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Now that we’re talking about modified Keltecs and Taurus Curves, I feel justified putting the Kahr P380 into the ring. With some aftermarket parts and a small amount of polishing, the P380 is reliable and at least in my hands shoots like a much bigger gun. The ergos are far superior to the LCP, and felt recoil/flip is less probably due to very stiff recoil springs*.

*added feature: extreme frustration by every female who has tried to rack the slide.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-29-2023 at 12:44 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

*added feature: extreme frustration by every female who has tried to rack the slide.
    Because I’m me, I took a thick sharpie to the SS barrel of my Taurus Curve to be less eye catching.

Name:  IMG_0364.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  49.2 KB

It makes it look less like a gun for longer.

Screen cap from the vid.

Name:  IMG_0369.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  50.7 KB

At that short of a distance, are sights even needed? At 5 feet and in, I can the face with an index alone.

I supposed if the bad guy has the drop on you at 5-7 yards, you will need sights to get hits to the face/head. Getting a grouping into the nasal ocular triangle with a Kel-Tec P32 is tough for me. My two P32 samples are not the greatest grouping guns. I probably would opt for the upper chest shots. However, shooting a .32 ACP would probably require a mag dump and going for my primary gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The best way ai have found to make these pistols more controllable is with +0 finger extensions on the magazines. Kel-Tec also makes a +1 extension. I have tried both, and find the +1 to be noisier and the +0 to provide the greatest increase in controllability.
    How is the +1 noisier?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    As I told @SouthNarc and Brian, I am really looking forward to this new Shivworks OnlyFans. Except, I was disappointed to learn it wasn't going to be administered through OnlyFans, which means I'm going to have to explain those charges to Mrs...never mind that is a different thread...

I know this is merely the beginning, but longer term I hope that ShivWorks-dot-EDU can bring additional content with folks from the Shivworks Collective/Shivworks Paradigm. It would be great to have a "BJJ Fanatics"-like version of Shivworks Material. A place with lessons from Craig, Paul, Cecil, Larry, Chris, and adjacent folks like Guy Schnitzler, Chuck Haggard, and of course we'll be seeing plenty of Scott and Brian no doubt.

I'm sure I'm not originating a novel idea. I am merely expressing my support both for this new venture and for thinking about long-term growth and health of it as a sustaining revenue source/information dissemination source/etc. It may also be in the long-long term place to secure/archive some of the great materials from TPI.

Edit: Also - Craig - https://aholster.com/pocket-aholster/ - I use the pocket A-Holster with my LCP some foam on the backside to break it up, looks like a wallet, draws so clean you almost can't believe it. Here are some pics I took - showing the whole thing. This is obviously setup for right front pocket carry, but also works in the back pocket. With the upper draw hook on the holster, no problem in the back pocket.

Attachment 113136Attachment 113137Attachment 113138Attachment 113139Attachment 113140Attachment 113141Attachment 113142Attachment 113143

What kind of foam did you use?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    At that short of a distance, are sights even needed? At 5 feet and in, I can the face with an index alone.

I supposed if the bad guy has the drop on you at 5-7 yards, you will need sights to get hits to the face/head. Getting a grouping into the nasal ocular triangle with a Kel-Tec P32 is tough for me. My two P32 samples are not the greatest grouping guns. I probably would opt for the upper chest shots. However, shooting a .32 ACP would probably require a mag dump and going for my primary gun.
    Sights are highly beneficial, even for this application. Given the size of the pistols we're dealing with and the nature of how they are being deployed, something that you can see easily as a quick reference en ensure alignment is immensely helpful in getting the hit you want.

Any hit to the face is highly likely to at least make the dude you hit reconsider his life choices, but being able to put that round into his ocular window instead of his cheek, teeth, or forehead is pretty critical if you're trying to ensure he can't be a further problem. Which is probably a preferred strategy since you can bet he won't be alone.

Having done a fair bit of work on this with J frames and some other pocket pistols I've found a useful sighting reference to be immensely helpful for that first cold shot right out of the pocket...which is, let's face it, how this shit is actually going to go down. Get as many factors in your favor as you can. Even if it's just some orange paint on the nearly vestigial bump on the front of the Ruger LCP's slide, it helps.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List