Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmartians and a good reminder to carry

"Walmartians".

Well played sir, well played.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    For awhile, the town I once lived in had no decent supermarket other than Walmart. I made a point of doing my grocery runs either before 0730 on a weekend. Usually it was quiet. But once, I heard some guy screaming for security because some other Walmartian was following him around the store.

I had two rules of being in the place: 1) Always carry a gun, and 2) Always mind my own business.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by potmetal View Post
    I take my daughter with me when I go to Walmart and I stay in the car. She can get in and get out quickly and avoid all the crazy people in their pajamas.
    I see people carrying at our big Walmart every once in awhile. I had a pretty gal behind me in line about a year ago who had a commander size 1911 on her hip. It had real fancy grips on it. I kind of wanted to compliment her pistol but thought that probably wouldn't be appropriate. It's okay in the gun shop, not so much in the checkout line at Walmart.
    "Nice butt, ma'am."

There are very few Wal-Marts I will go to...they typically are in the better demographic part of town. That being said, I won't go to any of them after dark. That's when the dwarves and jugglers come out.

There is a reason this web site exists.

https://www.peopleofwalmart.com/category/funny/

Site Supporter
    I saw a similar incident in Home Depot's lot. It started with an disagreement between a nice sedan and a pickup over who's on line for pickup. No collision but almost. The geezer in the truck yells at the sedan. The woman in the passenger's seat starts screaming at geezer. He gets out to yell at them. Male is just trying to sink into his seat. He makes nice and geezer returns to the truck but the woman refuses to shut up and scream more at geezer who gets out to re-engage.

I am in the parking spots and notice geezer has a nice big black fanny pack up front. Wnile carrying, I decide to deploy my feet and vamoose. I figure if I can see the fight, the bullet can see me. Get to the store. It resolves again with male sedan apologizing.

Take away point - either the woman was nuts, maybe thought she was privileged in a fancy car compared to truck geezer and had to put him in his place, wanted to test her male companion's maleness.

Choice - telling your SO to STFU, fleeing and letting SO fight it out. Engage the geezer by getting out your car and the wrath of the fanny pack. So much a gun pack.

Saw a Covid push and shove over masks in the beginning of the pandemic at the self-checkout. Wandered away.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    How early is your Costco gas open? I've rolled up to mine only to realize it isn't yet more than once.
    I believe 6:00. I used to stop there about 6:15-6:30 on my way home from night shifts... and was never turned away. Yesterday it was about 7:00 when I got there.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I saw a similar incident in Home Depot's lot. It started with an disagreement between a nice sedan and a pickup over who's on line for pickup. No collision but almost. The geezer in the truck yells at the sedan. The woman in the passenger's seat starts screaming at geezer. He gets out to yell at them. Male is just trying to sink into his seat. He makes nice and geezer returns to the truck but the woman refuses to shut up and scream more at geezer who gets out to re-engage.

I am in the parking spots and notice geezer has a nice big black fanny pack up front. Wnile carrying, I decide to deploy my feet and vamoose. I figure if I can see the fight, the bullet can see me. Get to the store. It resolves again with male sedan apologizing.

Take away point - either the woman was nuts, maybe thought she was privileged in a fancy car compared to truck geezer and had to put him in his place, wanted to test her male companion's maleness.

Choice - telling your SO to STFU, fleeing and letting SO fight it out. Engage the geezer by getting out your car and the wrath of the fanny pack. So much a gun pack.
    So I’ve been in a similar situation as the guy in the sedan. The person ahead of us took the “Right turn on red only after stopping” sign to mean “No right turn on red” and my wife wasn’t happy about it (in a hurry to see our newborn grand daughter for the first time). She wanted me to honk and I wouldn’t so she reached over and honked. A hand came out of the driver’s side with the bird. From her angle she thought he was getting out. By that time the light changed and we all started moving. I stayed far enough back in traffic that reengagement would be unlikely.

After pointedly ignoring her for a little bit I finally said “Think very carefully about what might happen if I have to burn a MFer down because of your temper tantrum. She was real quiet the rest of the ride.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Based on meeting (and training with) a small sample of P-F'ers, I'm pretty sure that one could take any two regular posters and stick them in a parking lot watching a Donnybrook, and it would look exactly like Statler and Waldorf.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

Saw a Covid push and shove over masks in the beginning of the pandemic at the self-checkout. Wandered away.
    Exactly why I make it a point to educate my wife and kids about the reasons not to engage in unnecessary arguments.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

1 dead, one injured this afternoon. Paddock Mall is about 2 miles from us here in Ocala FL. Woohoo.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-ma...y?id=105893779

User Tag List