Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Walmartians and a good reminder to carry

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    (WA is one of the states that has banned free bags at groceries)
    Sprouts here makes you pay for a plastic bag. $0.10. The quality is quite good. Sturdy.
    I usually save them and then seem to always forget to grab the one I keep in the car when I shop there...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Nothing beats a Woodman’s reusable green bag. They’re so good my ex-wife cleaned me out of most of mine, and then my ex-partner the rest.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Target here doesn't charge for a bag. Wegmans charges 5 cents a bag. I'm not organized enough to bring an unknown number of cloth or heavy plastic bags on each shopping trip. If my paper causes the extinction of something in 10 years - well in 10 years I'm probably going to be extinct anyway.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Yep,

For a 2" gun, the .38 Special +P 158 grain Poly-Coated Lead Semi Wadcutter. would be a top choice. It runs 1115 FPS out of a 4" barrel. Very potent load for a short barreled wheelgun.

What stocks are these?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Those are Herrett's Detective K Frame.

Definitely my favorite as far as an individual set of grips for that gun.

Was in the apparently 1 of 2 decent walmarts in existence last week, my neighbor handed me a bag of jalapeno bites to try that he got at the deli. Quite good, a fair size bag for 99 cents.

Had the Colt Agent in case we were accosted by any tourists that were lost.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I saw a similar incident in Home Depot's lot. It started with an disagreement between a nice sedan and a pickup over who's on line for pickup. No collision but almost. The geezer in the truck yells at the sedan. The woman in the passenger's seat starts screaming at geezer. He gets out to yell at them. Male is just trying to sink into his seat. He makes nice and geezer returns to the truck but the woman refuses to shut up and scream more at geezer who gets out to re-engage.

I am in the parking spots and notice geezer has a nice big black fanny pack up front. Wnile carrying, I decide to deploy my feet and vamoose. I figure if I can see the fight, the bullet can see me. Get to the store. It resolves again with male sedan apologizing.

Take away point - either the woman was nuts, maybe thought she was privileged in a fancy car compared to truck geezer and had to put him in his place, wanted to test her male companion's maleness.

Choice - telling your SO to STFU, fleeing and letting SO fight it out. Engage the geezer by getting out your car and the wrath of the fanny pack. So much a gun pack.

Saw a Covid push and shove over masks in the beginning of the pandemic at the self-checkout. Wandered away.
    "Don't write checks with your mouth, that your man's ass cannot cash" just doesn't have the same ring to it though eh?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I haven't been in a Wal-mart for non-duty related reasons in nearly 30 years.

I've never gotten in a fight, or seen one, ordering from Amazon.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Got into a fight in the parking lot with two scumbags who were spitting on an old guy and trying to rob him.
    I had zero interest in guns back then, but I was a good street fighter.

My first wife yelled at them to stop; at which time they told her to go fuck herself.
    I was a stoned cold Manic in a fight with a very bad temper.

I was Bouncing at a bar 5 days a week and do some pro Wrestling flying to Puerto Rico a few times a Month.
    ... attention Walmart shoppers we have a clean-up in the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I've never gotten in a fight, or seen one, ordering from Amazon.
    I am broadening my horizons, and ordering from more places.

My wife has the higher membership at Sam's so they will deliver stuff she needs for the shop, and I have been using it for home. Pretty much anything that is not perishable or in a glass container (peanut butter/yes, jelly/no) they will ship and drop off for no additional charge.

Chewey built a warehouse ~5mi from here. Turns out instead of driving to a store, parking, finding a cart, waiting in line for the popcorn machine, going to the back of the store to find the dog food, wrestling 80 pounds into the cart without tipping it over, going back to the front, waiting in line, wrestling it out of the cart into the new car without scratching it, some young guy will just drop that shit off, no extra charge!!

We do live on a dead end street and I have been mostly working from home, so minimal treat of porch pirates (don't wanna jinx it...).

User Tag List