Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The state of eye pro 2024 edition

There was discussion on another forum quite a few years back about the optical quality of eye pro effecting POA vs POI. IIRC it was for scoped rifle shooting.
    The thesis was that cheap glasses altered and/or dispersed the path of the light travel enough that while your eye told you you were properly lined up in the eye box etc., you could actually be off center and misaligning the scope. I think the idea was that parallax issues would be worsened but it's been too long to remember the fine print.

So: does this sound like a legit concern?
    If legit, does it have any effect with iron sights in general, particularly with pistol sights at pistol ranges?
    How about interaction with RDS?

My favorites are my DVX/WileyX polarized sunglasses which helps make red dots crisper with my astigmatism.

But if your looking for versatility and more coverage the military spec ESS, Revisions, or WileyX etc with RX carrier gives you a lot more lens options and the possibility of not having to pay for new RX lenses if shit happens. The downside is a little added weight and some annoyance if you have long eyelashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m looking into trying out a set/frame with the Rx insert. I’ve noticed that on many shooting glasses the frame bends in noticeably behind the ear and I find it irritating under ear muffs. Does anyone know of a model that lies flat over the ears?

The state of eye pro 2024 edition

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    I’m looking into trying out a set/frame with the Rx insert. I’ve noticed that on many shooting glasses the frame bends in noticeably behind the ear and I find it irritating under ear muffs. Does anyone know of a model that lies flat over the ears?
    Some quality gel ear pads that solve that issue. If your ear pro are compatible.
    https://noisefighters.com/collection...ts/sightlines1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No and that’s one reason I’ve used my regular glasses as shooting glasses. I’ve been wearing this style of Oakleys for 3-4 years now and won’t willingly change back to glasses that hook behind the ears.

Name:  IMG_1952.jpeg
Views: 299
Size:  23.0 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Soldier Systems: Revision Unveils SlingShot Ballistic Sunglasses

Essex Junction, Vermont (for immediate release) – Revision Military, developer of best-in-class ballistic eyewear and trusted by forces around the globe, introduces the new SlingShotTM ballistic sunglasses. Featuring a browless design, off-the-charts anti-fog performance, adjustable and customizable fit, and rapid lens swap capabilities, the SlingShot exceeds stringent military ballistic impact requirements.

At first glance, you’ll notice the unique style of SlingShot that delivers numerous advantages over traditional ballistic sunglasses. The browless design allows airflow to provide unparalleled venting and exceptional anti-fog capabilities. Additionally, the design allows for unobstructed views while in a head- down or prone position – perfect for shooting sports applications.

Providing the utmost flexibility and fit, Revision designed SlingShot to work across multiple environments, user demands, and scenarios. The temple arm design works seamlessly with head- borne equipment for optimal comms compatibility and performance in the field while offering all-day comfort. Using our adjustable nosepiece the SlingShot conforms to any nose bridge, providing an optimal fit.

The SlingShot features Revision’s innovative I-Vis® lens technology, an advanced dye formulation process resulting in a series of lens tints that markedly enhance visual performance. More than a single solution, I-Vis lenses are available in six tints, each optimized for use in different environments. Each tint is designed to increase contrast and elevate color recognition in specific geographic regions without the negative effects associated with traditional monochromatic lens tints. SlingShot I-Vis lenses come with Revision’s OcuMax® anti-fog and scratch coating and are easily swappable.

Available to purchase now at www.revisionmilitary.com, a two-lens SlingShot kit featuring I-Vis Verso and Umbra lenses has an MSRP of $179.99.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

My eyepro fits my philosophy that when I've found the right solution, I tend to lose interest in shopping for that product anymore. I'm lucky that my eyesight is not terrible and I mostly just have astigmatism. It's well corrected with glasses or toric soft contacts now. I use the Oakley M Frame 3.0 with the shooting focused prism lens set, including a clear, and swap them depending on the conditions. I usually wear my contacts to the range, however, living in dusty West Texas sometimes I have to pull the contacts out as the blowing dirt makes them non-workable. I have the ESS URX prescription insert that fits the M Frames as a backup, and they work very well for me. I get the URX filled yearly at lensable.com with my HSA after I get a new prescription, and it's inexpensive because you don't need any special lens coatings or material since they are behind the eyeshield already. The only downside is they aren't the most attractive eyewear when you are wearing the clear eyeshield and can see the URX behind it. I've been running this setup for about 3 years now and I don't really shop for eyepro anymore. The darkest prism eyeshield is starting to show wear as I use it the most, luckily Oakley still makes replacement lenses for it that aren't too hard on the wallet. The M Frame 3.0 itself is very comfortable, fits under gel earcups just fine, and gives me a wide unobstructed view downrange.

Ess silencer frames are designed for muffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Ess silencer frames are designed for muffs.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Soldier Systems: Revision Unveils SlingShot Ballistic Sunglasses

Essex Junction, Vermont (for immediate release) – Revision Military, developer of best-in-class ballistic eyewear and trusted by forces around the globe, introduces the new SlingShotTM ballistic sunglasses. Featuring a browless design, off-the-charts anti-fog performance, adjustable and customizable fit, and rapid lens swap capabilities, the SlingShot exceeds stringent military ballistic impact requirements.

At first glance, you’ll notice the unique style of SlingShot that delivers numerous advantages over traditional ballistic sunglasses. The browless design allows airflow to provide unparalleled venting and exceptional anti-fog capabilities. Additionally, the design allows for unobstructed views while in a head- down or prone position – perfect for shooting sports applications.

Providing the utmost flexibility and fit, Revision designed SlingShot to work across multiple environments, user demands, and scenarios. The temple arm design works seamlessly with head- borne equipment for optimal comms compatibility and performance in the field while offering all-day comfort. Using our adjustable nosepiece the SlingShot conforms to any nose bridge, providing an optimal fit.

The SlingShot features Revision’s innovative I-Vis® lens technology, an advanced dye formulation process resulting in a series of lens tints that markedly enhance visual performance. More than a single solution, I-Vis lenses are available in six tints, each optimized for use in different environments. Each tint is designed to increase contrast and elevate color recognition in specific geographic regions without the negative effects associated with traditional monochromatic lens tints. SlingShot I-Vis lenses come with Revision’s OcuMax® anti-fog and scratch coating and are easily swappable.

Available to purchase now at www.revisionmilitary.com, a two-lens SlingShot kit featuring I-Vis Verso and Umbra lenses has an MSRP of $179.99.

These look interesting. Have you tried them?

User Tag List